Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Body design

Thread: Body design

Post Thanks / Like

Default Body design

Okay, if I were to make an original guitar, what should I make for a body? I don't want to make anything conventional like a Strat or a LP, but something entirely unique, like something you would find on a music game. Think crazy stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EPiK URR
    Okay, if I were to make an original guitar, what should I make for a body? I don't want to make anything conventional like a Strat or a LP, but something entirely unique, like something you would find on a music game. Think crazy stuff.
    As if you were working at Gibson.
    May you be a half an hour in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead!

Post Thanks / Like

This fellow thinks outside of the box, along with a healthy dollop of 50's cool ~
    If George Jetson had a band he would have been rockin' one of these ~

http://www.jbacklund.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    That's an excellent source for inspiration.
    Here's another from one of our newer members:
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=16735

This new Reverend inspires me to spend money!

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Spalt does some interesting shapes, as well.
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip
    Mike Spalt does some interesting shapes, as well.
    I like this pic from Spalt's site

Some of his spacey designs remind me of a guy that I used to see at jams back in NJ. He made a skeletal guitar that wasn't much more than some rods, some frets, some tuners and some pickups. Kind of like a guitar that wasn't there. The p/u's could slide along the rods as I recall and you couldput them where you want. The headstock always had a glove over it. He built a little battery powered pre-amp in to it and he used to walk around with headphones all the time as he played. He was ALWAYS dressed in camo, switching from forest to white in winter~ LOL
    He was as friggin' looney as they come and the songs he wrote would make a psychiatrist lie awake at night, very disturbing, and quite funny at times too.
    But damn, that boy could play

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    I like this pic from Spalt's site

Some of his spacey designs remind me of a guy that I used to see at jams back in NJ. He made a skeletal guitar that wasn't much more than some rods, some frets, some tuners and some pickups. Kind of like a guitar that wasn't there. The p/u's could slide along the rods as I recall and you couldput them where you want. The headstock always had a glove over it. He built a little battery powered pre-amp in to it and he used to walk around with headphones all the time as he played. He was ALWAYS dressed in camo, switching from forest to white in winter~ LOL
    He was as friggin' looney as they come and the songs he wrote would make a psychiatrist lie awake at night, very disturbing, and quite funny at times too.
    But damn, that boy could play
    Yeah. I think that something like spalt's designs is a good idea. Also, Gibson's Zoot Suit SG serves a little inspiration also.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to top Neal Moser for unusual body shapes. He was behind many of the B.C. Rich shapes. His own tend to emphasize pointiness.
    http://www.mosercustomshop.com/
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn