Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
Some is the keyword here. I tried and examined many other Mexican Strats the other day and the 60th was way above all the others for some reason.
Then again I've been playing a 2005 at the local music store that is very well done too.

I'm sure if I had access to a room full of 60th Strats I would find lemons there too...still, just set me up with the guitars and the room and I'd be happy to QC all of them. Whada job!

Spud and Spanker: (sounds like a good name for a tavern)

When I was trying out guitars at GC and a couple other stores, I felt the MIM Bizzard Pearl like I got was better than a couple of other MIMs I picked up (I am sure there are really nice ones out there) and on par with the Highway One MIA strat, just a different tone. I tried a couple of the MIM 60ths and the one at GC did not seem quite as nice as the one in the Boise store, but still better than the other MIMs. Might have just been me. The one I got is at least as good as the one at the Boise store and as Spud says, seems flawless to me. I think Ensenada is taking pride in this model.