Thread: A couple new gadgets

Post Thanks / Like

Default A couple new gadgets

Just arrived today...
    The MXR Carbon Copy & The Hermida Reverb Pedal.
    Clips coming, but just a few quick thoughts.

The Hermida Reverb, in my opinion, is the bast bang for the buck.
    Alf builds nice stuff, including, of course, the Zendrive.
    $99 bucks (power supply included). One knob. That's it. Just like twisting a reverb knob on your amp. It does not suck tone or color your sound. I'm running it through the amp's effects loop. Bought mine used from a TGP member.

The CC analog delay. Nicely built. It's really a beautiful looking pedal.
    The only other delay I've owned was a cheap digital delay, which was too harsh for me. To my ears, the MXR analog is warm and creamy. It does slightly affect your tone, especially when using more gain from the amp, but that's the nature of analog. It sounds more "natural" or organic going through the amp's effects loop versus the front of the signal chain. Either setup is cool, but I loved the subtle spatial vibe using the loop. There's a warm richness to this pedal. If you like bright digital delays, the warmth of analog is quite different, and it may not be for you. I dig it.

Post Thanks / Like

You will love the MXR Carbon copy. It's one of the most natural sounding delays!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

You just reminded me, I need to fiddle with the internal trim pot on my CC. I got it a few months ago and don't use pedals much, so I never tried any other setting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    You just reminded me, I need to fiddle with the internal trim pot on my CC. I got it a few months ago and don't use pedals much, so I never tried any other setting.
    It's one of the pedals that you always leave on, once you have dealt in the right sound for you.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)