Thread: Ordered my iMac this morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ordered my iMac this morning

I'd like to thank you all for your agile participation in the Mac thread.
    Your input has helped me a lot in making my decision. After some couple of days and determination of what I exactly need for my purposes I have ordered the 21,5" i3 iMac. I have received a great offer from Apple. The safed budget for the balance to the 27" will immediately be invested in software and some nice active pair of wooden speakers (M-Audio Audiophil 30). I feel pretty good about my decision and will let you guys know how I like that thing :-)

Delivery date will be 10-14 of December.
    It's Santa coming early this year.....
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    I'd like to thank you all for your agile participation in the Mac thread.
    Your input has helped me a lot in making my decision. After some couple of days and determination of what I exactly need for my purposes I have ordered the 21,5" i3 iMac. I have received a great offer from Apple. The safed budget for the balance to the 27" will immediately be invested in software and some nice active pair of wooden speakers (M-Audio Audiophil 30). I feel pretty good about my decision and will let you guys know how I like that thing :-)

Delivery date will be 10-14 of December.
    It's Santa coming early this year.....
    I think you meant to say you'll let us know how much you LOVE it ~~~

Post Thanks / Like

great decision...!
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

You won't regret it.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, I know you will love that one.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats! Happy ONID! (Ordered New iMac Day!).
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Jimi you'll never go back to PC again BTW Did you took the Applecare ?
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes
    Did you took the Applecare ?
    I will do it throughout the next 12 months.
    So far I want to get the new system running, everything else has some time to be regulated.

Important:
    Get the toneport running
    Get Logic running
    Get my self used to working with Snow Leopard

I am totally excited.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    I will do it throughout the next 12 months.
    So far I want to get the new system running, everything else has some time to be regulated.

Important:
    Get the toneport running
    Get Logic running
    Get my self used to working with Snow Leopard

I am totally excited.
    As for the Toneport I'm sure it will be easily recognized. For Logic since it is a native Mac apps no sweats

Snow Leopard is quite easy to handle and you will discover the joy of video editing with iMovie which is really nice even if you need a it of time to master it (I'm still learning)

Just keep in mind to do from time to time "Repair authorisations" in the menu of the Disk Utility program (located in your Apps Folder)
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes
    As for the Toneport I'm sure it will be easily recognized. For Logic since it is a native Mac apps no sweats

Snow Leopard is quite easy to handle and you will discover the joy of video editing with iMovie which is really nice even if you need a it of time to master it (I'm still learning)

Just keep in mind to do from time to time "Repair authorisations" in the menu of the Disk Utility program (located in your Apps Folder)
    Thanks so much for this info Jipes. It's helpful to get all this input.