Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You've been warned!!

Post Thanks / Like

That bass player.....

I want to burn his bass.

He didn't even seem to realize how bad he was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip
    Y'know, I read the title and thought you were posting this vid:
    Oh, this one's a timeless classic. One of my all-time favorites of parody(?).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    That bass player.....

I want to burn his bass.

You know, I don't think I noticed his playing until reading this, listening to it again, and tapping my finger when he should have played. Not exactly what I'd call "close".
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they were just sober!Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    That bass player.....

I want to burn his bass.

I've met bassists with similar skills...a buddy's band I was kinda with at the time as well auditioned for bassists once...and they had told them all they'll play a metallica song...and then this one guy comes up, sets up his stuff...and they start to play - I'm watching...and the second the song starts the bassist starts to run around like a headless chicken, moshing and jumping and making a helluva racket of notes in the ballpark of where they should fall...so the guys manage maybe 10 seconds till they one by one quit playing and just laugh so hard they can hardly stand...and this bass guy, it takes him like 4-5 seconds to even understand to stop playing, he's going so frantic...and he just looks around and everyone is rolling on the floor and he just ups and picks up his gear and leaves without a word :-)

It was simply priceless to behold!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    I've met bassists with similar skills...a buddy's band I was kinda with at the time as well auditioned for bassists once...and they had told them all they'll play a metallica song...and then this one guy comes up, sets up his stuff...and they start to play - I'm watching...and the second the song starts the bassist starts to run around like a headless chicken, moshing and jumping and making a helluva racket of notes in the ballpark of where they should fall...so the guys manage maybe 10 seconds till they one by one quit playing and just laugh so hard they can hardly stand...and this bass guy, it takes him like 4-5 seconds to even understand to stop playing, he's going so frantic...and he just looks around and everyone is rolling on the floor and he just ups and picks up his gear and leaves without a word :-)

It was simply priceless to behold!
    Wow, I'd pay a good bit of $$ to have a video of that!

Talk about classic comedy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"Yeah, dude... Like we just bought these cool guitars and stuff last week."

So you haven't had many rehearsals then?

"Duuude, what's a 'rehearsal'?"

Pfft!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had to watch this again for the humor, and it hit me of what this "band" reminded me of...
    The "band" in Sling Blade!

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

For your pleasure:

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

There were two really funny spots for me in that one. The first occurs at at :32 when the singer tries to hold the whole thing together with "She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie..." The second thing occurs if you can hang in all the way to about 2:25 when the song ends and the guys doing the filming start to discuss it.
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    For your pleasure:
    God help us! My ears are bleedin' now.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this for real? Maybe they are trying to be bad as a joke? Or, is it really
    possible that these guys are that bad and yet don't know it or don't care?

Are they doing this?

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of things I learned from this thread:

1) I don't like Pink Floyd any better when it's played badly.
    2) So THAT's how you play "Cocaine."
    3) I can play an awful lot like Zakk Wylde!

I've almost got to think that that's intentionally bad. Certain species of elk can play Cocaine better than that. It's not exactly a complicated song, especially sans solo.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    For your pleasure:

WARNING: Do not watch this video or Comfortably Numb within 3 hours of eating or drinking as it will definitely make you puke.
    Look, I'm not into making fun of folks who put their heart and soul into something but, I have at least one family member who professes to love me and I'm sure she would not allow me to do something to myself that would be deadly. Surely one of these guys has someone who loves him and would warn him. I'm surprised the camera could roll that long.
    I suddenly feel much better about my lack of talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon

Are they doing this?

I don't know how he managed to keep a straight face as much as he did!

That's too hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like

You mean that wasn't Pink Floyd? It sounded just like the album!!

Flame away, I'm wearing my asbestos unerwear! LOL
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    Had To Be A Joke!
    You'd think so but then. . . . wouldn't they be smiling, doing something else to take the p1ss? HOwsabout 1 crap song and the rest of the set was brilliant........

NUP....these guys butcher EVERYTHING!!! Saw the Clapton/Cocaine cover and my ears vomited all over my computer! My eyes were already still bleeding from the first vid .........

O U C H this is a MUST watch for anyone aspiring to 'play' in a 'band' and should all give you a bit of confidence knowing this mob is out there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon

Are they doing this?

Funny how Zakk still manages to play that with his weird but highly functional picking technique anyway.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12