Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
other teles

Thread: other teles

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default other teles

Hi,has anyone had any experience with the Spalted Maple Tele with Humbuckers and a coil tap?

kuvash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kuvash
    Hi,has anyone had any experience with the Spalted Maple Tele with Humbuckers and a coil tap?kuvash
    I have the maple top version of that Tele.
    If you like supper flat necks Guitars then this the axe for you the pickups are very good over all it is a great AXE all things considered!

BUT, since I am not a fan of supper flat necks I'll be selling mine shortly.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Maxifunk... about all I got right now is a spare kidney... Sound like a fair trade to you? Kidney for a Fender?

I'm kidding. I wouldn't really trade a kidney for a Fender. Unless is was something like a nocaster or something, then I'd consider it!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Maxifunk... about all I got right now is a spare kidney... Sound like a fair trade to you? Kidney for a Fender?

I'm kidding. I wouldn't really trade a kidney for a Fender. Unless is was something like a nocaster or something, then I'd consider it!

How could i sleep at night with that trade. LOL
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    I have the maple top version of that Tele.
    If you like supper flat necks Guitars then this the axe for you the pickups are very good over all it is a great AXE all things considered!

BUT, since I am not a fan of supper flat necks I'll be selling mine shortly.
    Hey Maxi, how much are you selling that guitar for? It's the FMT HH with the Pearly Gates and '59, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fmt Hh

That is a great guitar Eric, if you can get it for a good price.

Some people evidently just don't bond with it, but it's a great telecaster.

I really like mine. It has great tone and doesn't sound just like your Agile or a Les Paul. It sort of sounds like a tele but when set to full humbucking it sounds very full, dynamic, and musical.

Mine sits right behind my new black Epi LP Custom and gets a lot of play.

If you have played one you know what I mean. If you haven't played one I'm confident that you would find it very satisfying and versitile. It is also a very comfortable guitar.

Hope this helps you out and good luck trying to work a deal with Maxi.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy
    That is a great guitar Eric, if you can get it for a good price.

Some people evidently just don't bond with it, but it's a great telecaster.

I really like mine. It has great tone and doesn't sound just like your Agile or a Les Paul. It sort of sounds like a tele but when set to full humbucking it sounds very full, dynamic, and musical.

Mine sits right behind my new black Epi LP Custom and gets a lot of play.

If you have played one you know what I mean. If you haven't played one I'm confident that you would find it very satisfying and versitile. It is also a very comfortable guitar.

Hope this helps you out and good luck trying to work a deal with Maxi.
    Yeah, I've thought it looked cool since you first mentioned it some time back. I'm just testing the waters.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Hey Maxi, how much are you selling that guitar for? It's the FMT HH with the Pearly Gates and '59, right?
    Yes it is the Amber top model.

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/4...FMT-HH-Amber-/

Next week will make it 2 years old it is spotless not a mark to be had anywhere on this guitar beyond mint condition. I payed $600.00 brand new they are now $669.00. I am not sure what a fair market price is for the guitar that is one the main reason I have not sold it as of yet.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    Yes it is the Amber top model.

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/4...FMT-HH-Amber-/

Next week will make it 2 years old it is spotless not a mark to be had anywhere on this guitar beyond mint condition. I payed $600.00 brand new they are now $669.00. I am not sure what a fair market price is for the guitar that is one the main reason I have not sold it as of yet.
    Gotcha. Well, keep me in the loop if you figure it out. I'm not going away any time soon, nor am I in dire need of another guitar, so no rush. BUT...I might be interested nonetheless if you come to a conclusion on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Gotcha. Well, keep me in the loop if you figure it out. I'm not going away any time soon, nor am I in dire need of another guitar, so no rush. BUT...I might be interested nonetheless if you come to a conclusion on it.

You got it and it should not take to long for me to do so.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

Post Thanks / Like

One of my bandmates at church has one. Sfaik he's been happy with it. I've played it once or twice briefly, and it seemed like a quite decent guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I like the looks and specs of that a lot. Holy cow. Really nice guitar.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HH tele

Below is a link to this great Fender Telecaster:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=513879This is an awesome telecaster. I have the black cherry burst version of this and it is one of my best guitars. This guitar sounds and plays better than the new Blacktop HH tele in my opinion. It has real Seymour Duncan premium humbuckers and sounds really great. The coil split sounds great too. The tone control is very effectivie as is the volume control. This is a powerful, musical, great feeling and playing instrument. Additionally, it is solid mahogany with a mahogany body and set mahogany neck. You will not find many mahogany telecasters. The tone is really impressive. I will never get rid of mine and I play it a lot.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing that Spalted Maple Tele was what got me interested in building my own guitar.....you cannot buy that guitar with rear mounted controls AND standard Tele pup configuration...it only comes as a dual humbucker....and well I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio to cover my dual bucker needs as well as a Les Paul copy. I have 2 very nice slabs of Spalted Maple in the shed and some Black Cherry for the back. We are moving to a new home on January 1 and I will have a garage again....once we get all settled.....it will be guitar building time. Probably will only get the body cut, shaped and sanded before Spring as I still have to buy a compressor to be able to do the finish and should wait for warmer temps before spraying Nitro Lacquer. I do have a couple of Propane garage heaters that I could warm up the ole garage if I get inspired to finish before the thaw :-)
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

So did this build happen?I liked the materials.