Thread: CV Thinline Tele Bridge pickup issues any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default CV Thinline Tele Bridge pickup issues any ideas?

Fellow Fret Netters,

Today while playing my CV Thinline Tele at lunch I noticed that the bridge pickup volume output was at 90-95% less than the neck pickup and the tone was extremely thin.

So does anyone have any ideas for what might be the culprit.
    The selector switch, volume pot, a bad cap somewhere.......

Any input would be welcome I am taking it to the place where I bought since it is less than 6 months old and still under warranty. I was just wanted to get some insight to what might be wrong so I have clue while I talk to the tech tonight.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

The vast majority of electrical problems are the result of some kind of high resistance, which could be a bad wiring connection, bad contacts in a switch or jack, etc., etc. Since you're getting normal output from the neck pickup, the jack on out are probably not suspect, nor would I suspect the volume pot for the same reason. I would jiggle the wires and switch to try to isolate the problem. I'm inclined to suspect the switch.

Post Thanks / Like

My Classic Vibe had a pickup go bad and it did sort of the same thing until it finally quit all together. Sweetwater gave me a new pickup under warranty. But where your pickups doesn't have a cover I wouldn't say that that's definitely it, but it could be.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

have you raised the PUP as much as you can without causing string resonation issues?

Post Thanks / Like

It turns out it is the the switch, I am waiting to hear how Fender wants to handle this since the place I bought it from is not an authorized Fender repair shop. so I'll see what happens.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

The bridge pickup was bad after all.
    The guitar tech is waiting for a replacement pup from fender.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

Post Thanks / Like

I figured it was the pickup. What do I win?

It's good that you got it figured out. Now when you get it back I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    I figured it was the pickup. What do I win?

It's good that you got it figured out. Now when you get it back I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.
    SOUNDS great now time to mod it lol
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins: