Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone from ?

Post Thanks / Like

I recommend this post become a sticky so it does not get lost in the history archives.

It is good so see where all the Fretters live. I can now visulize where everybody is located. We do represent many countries.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

i've snuggled up tight and cozy with SuperSwede on that map......you get two peeps living in sweden on here and they turn out to live almost on top of each other.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cozy indeed..

I agree with Tim, make this a sticky.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in there too and the thread is stickied. I am from 2 places kinda, see if you can find me on there!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

tim and I are pretty cozy too....our pins are alsmost on top of each other

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you guys like it. Regarding some names not showing up.. Frapper team says..

Hi Ted,

Thanks for writing in with your concern. There are two types of pins on
    maps these days, the ones people add themselves with complete
    information like name, shoutout, photo and location, and the ones that
    get added when someone just visits your page. We grab the location
    information but if they don't add the rest, there is no name, photo or
    shoutout. So you will always have some pins without names because of
    people like me who just looked at your map and went away.
    Makes sense now, if check it from work it shows me in Pheoniz Az. ?? not even close but my network is from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Robert, it shows you twice in Sweden, no Alberta.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    Glad you guys like it. Regarding some names not showing up.. Frapper team says..

Hi Ted,

Thanks for writing in with your concern. There are two types of pins on
    maps these days, the ones people add themselves with complete
    information like name, shoutout, photo and location, and the ones that
    get added when someone just visits your page. We grab the location
    information but if they don't add the rest, there is no name, photo or
    shoutout. So you will always have some pins without names because of
    people like me who just looked at your map and went away.
    Makes sense now, if check it from work it shows me in Pheoniz Az. ?? not even close but my network is from there.

I tried to upload a photo but was unsuccessful. I could not see a way of editing my existing tag. Do you know if there is a way? It IS pretty darn fun to see all the fretters on the map. Pretty cool to see not one but TWO in lowly Idaho.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Steve, when you go to the link, does your pin not show up first on the map ? then edit pin.. should be a browse for a photo upload. At least it appeared like that for me. Give it a whirl.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I fixed my 2 guys... please check.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I see Robert in both, the Sweden Robert is blue instead of orange, I quess he is colder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    Hey Steve, when you go to the link, does your pin not show up first on the map ? then edit pin.. should be a browse for a photo upload. At least it appeared like that for me. Give it a whirl.

My name appears in the list, and I go to the pin if I click on my name. I a new pin showed up on the screen and I filled it out with some info, a shout out and browsed and selected a pic to up load. It says upload is in progress. We'll see how that goes. Last time it stalled out or something.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    tim and I are pretty cozy too....our pins are alsmost on top of each other

ww
    Hey Warren! Watch what you say. We are not as close as you indicate. You better look to see who you are really getting cozy with. You must have me condfused with the other "oldguy" LOL!!!
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

hey you're right....looks like "oldguy" is closer to me than you are....maybe we should all three get together sometime!

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious where some of you are from originally (for those who moved, like Robert), anyone want to share?

Post Thanks / Like

i am a florida native....grew up in a small town called high springs which is about 20 miles north east of gainesville, fl (known for the university of florida and is where tom petty grew up) now live in winter springs, fl which is very close to orlando, fl.

ww
    Last edited by warren0728; October 30th, 2006 at 06:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cranium
    I'm curious where some of you are from originally (for those who moved, like Robert), anyone want to share?

Tacoma, WA native. Former home of Steve Miller, Hendrix at some point, probably some others I can't think of right now.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Just added myself to this too.

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cranium
    Born in exotic Biggar, Saskatchewan, Canada (New York is big, but this is Biggar), raised on a farm in a great little community called Spinney Hill (points for anyone who can identify what a "spinney" is ). Attended one year of college in Vermillion, Alberta then transfered to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) in Calgary for my second year. Moved to Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and lived/worked there for 9 years. Moved back to Saskatchewan and have been here for 9 years as well.

Not as sexy as transplanted Swedes, but Canada is a big country
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast