Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone from ?

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing exciting from me, I live where I was born..

I gotta get out more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    hmmmm....some people i see their names....some i don't....maybe they put their name in the wrong place or something....

So added me. The same problem (?) Some locations with names, others only with location names.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

apparently a visit will log the IP location if names are not entered.

Post Thanks / Like

I threw mine in there, I'm in Belleville Ontario been here since 1996 but originally from Toronto Ontario and no interest in going back....I ain't got a million bucks to buy another house there
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

i'm in there now too !!
    i can only please one person a day ...today is not your day .........tomorrows not looking good either

fat people are hard to kidnap!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    Born in exotic Biggar, Saskatchewan, Canada (New York is big, but this is Biggar), raised on a farm in a great little community called Spinney Hill (points for anyone who can identify what a "spinney" is ). Attended one year of college in Vermillion, Alberta then transfered to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) in Calgary for my second year. Moved to Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and lived/worked there for 9 years. Moved back to Saskatchewan and have been here for 9 years as well.

Not as sexy as transplanted Swedes, but Canada is a big country
    I have such fond memories from Saskatchewan of softball sized hail and grasshopper guts coating my motorcyle engine. Ah, the aroma of cooked bugs.

Spinney Hill after Captain Spinney of course.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Spinney

Pronunciation: 'spi-nE
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural spinneys
    Etymology: Anglo-French espinei thorny thicket, ultimately from Latin spinetum, from spina thorn
    chiefly British : a small wood with undergrowth

I grew up on the rolling plains near the North Saskatchewan River. Bluffs of trees on the hillsides reminded one of my forfathers of "spinneys" back in jolly ol' England (where there is also a Spinney Hill in Leicester).

There. I knew you were just DYING to know that.
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

But I was under the impression that the town actually got it's name from captain Spinney.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    But I was under the impression that the town actually got it's name from captain Spinney.
    Can't say that I'm familiar with the Good Captain Haven't heard that one, and there is no "town" as such - never was. There was a post-office/general store at a crossroads (very Robert Johnson-ish ) but it has been gone for 20 years or more. The train depot was just a siding where they would pick up and drop off and it was about 4 miles from the store. It's a tight little farming community with your nearest neighbors sometimes 4 or 5 miles away. The little one-room school house a la Laura Ingalls Wilder was in use 1905-1963 (my Grandma was in the first grade 1 class) and is now used as a community center/hall. I can remember lots and lots of parties and dances and late night jam sessions that went until the sun came up (or the bar went dry)! Everyone seemed to play something. Very Appalachian, fiddles, banjos, guitars, harmonicas... spoons!! (I got my start in the rhythm section - then moved to bass).

Ahhh... good times. Good times.

Spud, give me a shout if you're ever brave enough to attempt another trek up my way!

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thats was cool

I guess I'm the only person from north dakota in here...
    Random Gear
    Ibanez S470(sold)
    Fender Strat MIM (sold)
    Ibanez Iceman ic300(sadly sold)
    Ibanez Iceman X
    Squier afinity strat
    Fender 12 String Acoustic
    Conn 12 String Acoustic
    Old 70's Tiesco Electric
    Old Silvertone steel Guitar (50's)
    Samick Bass stingray copy
    Fender bassman (73)
    Peavey Bandit 112 (sold)
    Jordan entertainer 110 (72)
    Fender usa strat (stolen)

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme (Qotsa)

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, I'm from, southern Ontario.
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grungeiceman
    I guess I'm the only person from north dakota in here...
    I kinda am too. My grandparents are from Devils Lake. So if not for them I wouldn't be here. So in the grand scheme of things...I'm there with ya man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pie_man_25
    yeah, I'm from, southern Ontario.
    Me too Pie, where abouts ?

Post Thanks / Like

I am from Burlington County, NJ.
    Guitars: Ibanez SCA220BP, Modded Squier Bullet Strat, Ibanez ARX100CA

Amps:
    G-DEC 30

Videos/messing around with gear:
    http://www.youtube.com/wwwdwhite
    My Music:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=498962

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    Me too Pie, where abouts ?
    Essex county, I just don't like sying the city I live in over the net.
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the dweeb in the middle of the Caribbean...But I might be moving to Florida this summer, most probably Jacksonville.

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kerc
    I'm the dweeb in the middle of the Caribbean...But I might be moving to Florida this summer, most probably Jacksonville.

Speaking of Floriduh, I'm from Gainesville, home of the Fightin' Gators! [For you Euro's, that is the name of the University of Florida's athletic teams, who are currently doing very well-- two consecutive national college championships in basketball, with a national championship in (American) football in between. "'Gator" is southern slang for "alligator," which we have plenty of here.]

I almost met Kerc in Puerto Rico awhile back, but the cell phone gods did not cooperate.

Post Thanks / Like

Ft. Lauderdale
    Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kerc

LoL, What was that Metallica song? Jump in the Fire?

I wouldnt move directly into Jacksonville, but the surrounding rural areas are super nice.
    Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast