Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone from ?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys
    Well Im here now too! What a WICKED IDEA!

Cheers
    GREENMACHINE
    Music Teach's You Everything School Can't!

"Guitars sing through the heart and soul alone but need you to put the feeling and passion into the music." Cavell Clearwater (GREENMACHINE)

GUITARS: Sunburst Fender VG Strat Maple Neck, Gibson Custom B.B. King Lucille, Zebra Wood Ibanez EW Series Acoustic.

PEDALS: Eric Clapton Crossroads Effects Pedal, Behringer Hellbabe Wah, Boss ME-70

AMP: Randall RG200G

Post Thanks / Like

born in S.A., Tx. grew up half in S.A. and half in a little town called Seguin.

ended up in Austin for five years, then back to Waco to get my law degree at Baylor. have been here ever since.

have, very fortuitously, been all over this pretty globe, and learned a little bit from every where i've been and everyone i've met.

music is a universal, and ties us all together. :
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I'm tha only Bama dude here. I was born in New Orleans but raised in Birmingham. Bounced around for a few years and then I moved back to Birmingham. I bought a house 4 blocks from the house I grew up in in 96.
    Oteal Burbridge who plays bass for some nutty Bros band lives about 4 blocks from me.
    Guitars
    Washburn's
    Chicago Custom Shop USA's 1995 MG 122,100,102,120, 1994 MG-122, one off 1994 Prototype, 1999 WM-4, 200 3-ST Stealth
    Carvins 1990 Pearl Pink reverse headstock X220C, 1991 Sapphire Blue Flame V220R.
    Accoustics
    LTD 88 Takamine

Amps
    Fender Prosonic combo
    100 watt custom one off Prosonic head
    Fender 2/12 cab
    2 Avatar 2/12 cabs- Blond Oxblood with 75's and Red with Black Vin 30's
    Yamaha 4/12

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension
    Oteal Burbridge who plays bass for some nutty Bros band lives about 4 blocks from me.
    Oteil is the man! I got to see him a few years ago with Vida Blue [his project with Phish organist Page McConnell and Funky Meters drummer Russell David Baptiste]. They put on a great show and Oteil brought plenty of funk. I have heard plenty of live ABB since Oteil has been the bass player and I love what he does with them too. The last time I saw them Allen Woody was still alive.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I was born, raised and still live in a sleepy little town called Donalsonville located in Southwest Georgia. Spudman, it's only about an hour from Enterprise, AL. The only thing we're famous for is Lake Seminole, which has excellent bass fishing and it's known as "that town Atlantans go through on the way to Panama City Beach". But, my family's here and my two girls are growing in a lot better place than some of these big cities. It ain't Mayberry, but it'll do... :

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you might like to add yourself to the fretters map?

http://www.frappr.com/?a=showmap2&mapid=2881685

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Seems like I have to re-add myself every time I look at it. Is that true for anyone else? Are you guys trying to bump me off the map?!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I've had to do that a couple time as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it took my info easier this time. It is a fun thing!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

SV. Who is the guy in your frappr photo? It's some dude with a tie on. I didn't know you knew people that wear ties.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Heh, heh, that is the L part of my SVL moniker.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Manchester, Michigan, located in the Southwest corner of Washtenaw County, which is in Southeast Lower Michigan. Centrally located between Ann Arbor, Adrian, and Jackson Mi. The Irish Hills. The Badlands. BFE. It's got a lot of names, but to me it's (sigh) home.

Post Thanks / Like

Born and raised in the eastern mountains of Kentucky, a lot of great music has come from these parts, too bad I'm not known for part of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried but no cigar: anywho South Central,Ky between Bowling Green and E town basically the middle of nowhere

Post Thanks / Like

Just outside of Nashville in the Hermitage area.
    I am from a town called Lebanon it is about 30 miles east of Nashville. I have lived the last 6 years in Lexington Ky, and while I enjoyed my time there I am very glad to be home. This is as far north as I can live. My next move will be to the south. I hate cold weather!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merlin
    My next move will be to the south. I hate cold weather!
    Ernie house, across the street from mine, is up for sale.

Post Thanks / Like

I was born and raised in New York City. I'm now retired up here in snow covered Vermont (we just got another foot last night). I love the winter and VT is beautiful in the summer. I love to drive the nice curvy roads in my Miata. You just have to avoid the mud season. :

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Mud Season!!! The dreaded 5th season!!! Here in "The Mitten", mud season is accompanied by the infamous pothole. It's not a bad idea to wear a mouth guard while driving around here.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    I was born, raised and still live in a sleepy little town called Donalsonville located in Southwest Georgia. Spudman, it's only about an hour from Enterprise, AL. The only thing we're famous for is Lake Seminole, which has excellent bass fishing and it's known as "that town Atlantans go through on the way to Panama City Beach".
    Isn't it also where a huge Confederate States prisoner of war camp was located in the War Between the States? Where a whole mess of Yankees died due to the poor conditions?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast