Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Line 6 HD 500 here ... Merry Xmas!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line 6 HD 500 here ... Merry Xmas!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Line 6 HD 500 here ... Merry Xmas!

So I have a Line 6 HD 500 here today! Dang, this thing is amazing!

Videos to come, but I'm still learning and tweaking.
    The flexibility on this unit is MASSIVE!

This is a wicked good Christmas Present For Myself!

Last edited by Robert; December 15th, 2010 at 02:39 PM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! Really looking forward to your review/videos. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy new pedal/MFX day!
    Looks like we won't be seeing Robert for a bit.

So most of the factory presets are fairly useless. No problem. Go dig around the Custom Tone section and you'll find some great patches uploaded by HD500 users. Currently, there are just over 415 uploaded.
    http://line6.com/customtone/browse/podhd500/

I've downloaded several, keeping the one's that suited me and modifying a few.
    Here are some I'm enjoying:

"the wall solo" http://line6.com/customtone/tone/208150/ (I use it quite a bit)

These Eric John based patches are very tasty...
    "EJ Clean" http://line6.com/customtone/tone/208493/

"EJ Crunch" http://line6.com/customtone/tone/208494/

"EJ Lead" http://line6.com/customtone/tone/208495/

"Jazz Lead" http://line6.com/customtone/tone/208511/ warm and smooth

"Bold as Jimi" http://line6.com/customtone/tone/208593/

"How Soon Is Now?" -nice Johnny Marr http://line6.com/customtone/tone/208764/

"Floyd-gasm" -This is a really cool patch that gets better when you play around with the expression pedal. http://line6.com/customtone/tone/208606/
    "Heel down gives you a massive pad sound - heel up and you're soaring above it. Heel down loves chords played on 2nd position of a Strat - heel up is pure lead bliss in position 4. Hours of fun once you've mastered the timing of it. Great in STEREO"
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

So here is a first, quickie test I did tonight. The JTM-45 for the lead and distorted tones, and AC30 for wah sounds, and Bassman for the Vibe chords.

This thing is uber-cool!

http://www.box.net/shared/ojkc4oqayf
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Great playing, great clip. From all models I have heard so far the JTM45 sounds best.

The signal though seems wet. What effects are on? I'd love to hear a totally dry HD500 JTM45.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Man that sounds good! I got a Vox Tonelab last year I really like but it doesn't sound this good. Out of cash now but the next time I have some spending money, I may sell the Vox and upgrade to the Line 6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman
    Man that sounds good! I got a Vox Tonelab last year I really like but it doesn't sound this good. Out of cash now but the next time I have some spending money, I may sell the Vox and upgrade to the Line 6.
    Robert has the uncanny ability to make gear sound better in his hands.

I've had my HD500 for a few months and I can't make it sound this good... Mine must be defective!!! (it can't be me)

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Great playing, great clip. From all models I have heard so far the JTM45 sounds best.

The signal though seems wet. What effects are on? I'd love to hear a totally dry HD500 JTM45.
    I just added delay and an overdrive pedal. I am going to be working on a few demos of this unit. Any requests on what to showcase?

I could for sure demo each amp model without any effects at all, if that would please ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I could for sure demo each amp model without any effects at all, if that would please ya.
    I think that would probably be the most interesting demo for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

That should be part of the Line 6 website for demos of this product.

Amazing sounding, simply amazing!

Just when you thought modellers have reached a technological ceiling, someone comes out with something better.

Way cool, Robert, and congrats!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A good demo would be using 1 then adding a 2nd, different amp model in parallel. That is one of the cool things about the 500. Some of our favorite guitarists like to run dual amps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    So I have a Line 6 HD 500 here today!
    Dude. That's the wrong photo.

This is the one you wanted, right?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Looks great, sounds great! Merry Christmas

You must seriously be forever reading user manuals the amount of complex musical gear that passes through your hands Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Are the controls somewhat intuitive like the Line3 M series? Looks like a really cool unit? I understand from Spud that this thing combines the stompbox models in the M series with the recording interface of the Toneport UX's and amp sims. Am I getting that right? If so, and the interface is intuitive, that seems like a really cool tool.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

You're right, SVL. It's actually easier than I thought.

Very well thought out. Bravo, Line 6!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    I think that would probably be the most interesting demo for me.
    That would be the definitive demo for a lot of players out there. We get to hear the dry signal, the real thing so to say played by a decent player like Robert. This would be the perfect feature!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    A good demo would be using 1 then adding a 2nd, different amp model in parallel. That is one of the cool things about the 500. Some of our favorite guitarists like to run dual amps.
    Remember the Line6 Duo Flextone? No one bought it, although this amp was able to mix two amps. It was iscontinued pretty soon and I never managed to get one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice guitar hero sounds, but can it make real-like crunchy rock guitar sounds, aside from the usual FX-laden and saturated, thick wail? Those are always what seem to be nigh impossible for modelers. Amplitube is surprisingly good at it though.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

To say the least I am Old school when it comes to guitars and amps. I only recently bought a couple of amps that I would class as modelling amps.
    So maybe someone can point me to a Pod 1A6 that I can learn how these things work. Basically I have no clue what you plug this thing into. I looks like you can use a multitude electronic components.
    So lets say I have a fairly large complement of amps and pedals, I bring this home and plop it down in my music room. Now what?
    Also I forgot to mention.
    Robert when are you going to blow out the back wall of your newly renovated Studio to make room for all the equipment you have now.
    Your place must look like a "Storage Wars" locker now. LOL
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast