Thread: wanna trade

Post Thanks / Like

Default wanna trade

I would like to trade my 68 re-issue cij Strat for a highway one or FMT HH Telecaster. I have a bunch of strats, but no Tele's. This one has been in the case in a closet most of the time since I got it. I'm not a collector type person so this would probably be better in the hands of someone that is into older instruments. The link will take to the post about when I got it. It's in great condition with next to no fret wear. The neck is straight and it has that late sixties sound. They did a good job with that part.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...824#post175824
    Last edited by Bilsdragon; December 15th, 2010 at 08:30 AM.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I just revisited the original thread and you brought up a good point, I missed commenting on. When you mentioned adjusting the neck from the pickup cavity. I never really thought about that. Is it possible to do?
    I have one word of caution for you. I owned the FMT HH Tele and I didn't like it. It was really not very "tele" like and it had Jumbo Frets and a really flat 15 degree radius. I liked the pickup configuration with the two HBs and the push pull switch to get single coils but the thin body and neck made it feel almost toylike. I looked long and hard for a tele and tried about 25 of them. I finally got one of the CV Custom Teles. I would highly recommend one of those or the original CV 50s White. They are amazing guitars and are not in the price range of the MIMs or MIK. The FMT is made at the Cort Plant in Asia.
    I would put it on Ebay or Craigslist. You will find no shortage of people who want that guitar. Then you could go looking for a tele.
    In my search I went as high as the 52 Reissue and found it had some things I didn't like including the price tag.
    It looks as if you are looking for an HB type tele, but I found they just sound like any HB guitar and not really like a Tele.
    I just thought I would share my experiences with you.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback Z. Maybe you are right; I may be looking for a humbucker guitar. The Duncans on the FMT Tele grabbed my interest. Hmmm, maybe I'll broaden my search to other humbucker guitars. I really like the Schecter C1 Classic in blue, that has Duncans too. Thanks for the input.

Post Thanks / Like

Bilsdragon, Wish I had what you're looking for because I love the looks of that strat.

If you're looking for bang for the buck, and genuine duncan HB's to boot, check these threads....
    Seems maybe you're more interested in a Fender vibe, or maybe it's the scale length, and these lean LP and are 24.75" SL, but for the price, and the pickups, they're a steal. You can find them on CL for 200 - 500, and they sell as NOS for less than 500 all over ebay

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=16638

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=16922
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input, Tig's Washburn looks sweet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bilsdragon
    Thanks for the input, Tig's Washburn looks sweet.
    I had a Schecter C1 Classic at the top of my HH guitar list for a while, but after playing a few plus various other HH guitars, I lost interest. It felt cheap to me for some reason. It sounded OK, not great. The FMT HH Tele took the top spot on my wish list, and I'd still buy one of I came across a good deal. I liked it quite a bit. To each his own, ya' know. I've seen them used for $450-$550. I didn't have the $$ back then.

Then came along the Agile 3000/31000 LP guitars, which I still like, but my back demands me to knock off a few pounds of weight. The Washburn won the I-gotta'-buy-this contest, and I've beyond happy with my decision. This things feels, sounds, plays, and looks like a $1600 guitar.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies.
    Tig, I found a C1 Classic used at a GC about an hour from where I live and went to check it out on Saturday. I played it and wasn't as impressed with the pick-ups/overall sound like you mentioned. I thought about what Zman mentioned about wanting a humbucker guitar and looked at a whole bunch of specimens. About an hour into my quest my girlfriend walks over and says "this is pretty, plug it in so we can her what it sounds like." Well, I ended up leaving about an hour later with my new 72' Thinline Tele, in natural finish. What a quality job they did on that guitar. I saw the guitar hanging high on the wall and thought it was sweet, but didn't think it was what I was looking for. Robin had the guy get it down for her and now it lives at our house. I'll post a pic from home. I love the versatility too. Playing in the living room at night while we talk is great because the semi hollow lets it ring and sustain more than I thought it would.