Thread: Very cool version of Cliffs of Dover

Post Thanks / Like

Default Very cool version of Cliffs of Dover

This is the only other one I seen besides the Austin city limits and this is a really nice one, maybe even better then the Austin one, very long but nice intro - http://youtube.com/watch?v=mHjDHdu8IQM

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I heard the guy from Green Day do almost exactly the same version. ROFLMAO

Guys that can do this kind of stuff standing up absolutely astound me.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Its just amazing how he comes up with that long intro and makes it sound so cool, I wonder if there are any Eric Johnson fans here, you like Eric Johnson Spud?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cranium
    Its just amazing how he comes up with that long intro and makes it sound so cool, I wonder if there are any Eric Johnson fans here, you like Eric Johnson Spud?
    Yes and no. Mostly yes. I have several of his albums and mostly they are pretty good. Very talented guy to say the least. I really wanted to hear the record he trashed before Venus Isle came out.

I was working with an engineer who had worked with him and knew all about the recording and how he wasn't satisfied with what he had done. He canned the project and went to work on Venus Isle. So there is something out there in a vault somewhere that I'd like to hear. The engineer shared a little of what was going on at the time with Eric and it made me want to hear that material.

So ya I like EJ.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen Eric once and have seen him many times on video and everytime I've seen him he has not looked completely happy with his performance (read tone). His talent is extraordinary. I tend to feel however that (maybe), he is his own worst enemy. He is absolutely chronic with his sound. If the electrons aren't flowing like he expects he freaks and that's too bad. I would really love to hear all his canned projects and see him have way too much fun onstage. Then again maybe he's got too much on his mind I dunno. Either way I love his playing.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in. I'm a huge Eric Johnson fan! I think that he is one of the best all-around guitar players living today. He impresses me because he has melded so much stuff in to one style. His single-note lines are impressive enough, but his chord work is equally cool. I was lucky enough to see him live several times when I lived in Austin for a short time, and even met him. He's a really nice guy.

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718