Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Anyone here with custom guitars?

Thread: Anyone here with custom guitars?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone here with custom guitars?

Not custom from a mass producer.....................but custom from a "cottage builder"?

I have one from a guy out of Allentown, PA, and the company is "JD Bluesville". This guitar was built from the ground up to my specs. I gave him free license on the body shape and headstock. This is the axe:

The goodies:

Lindy Fralin singles

SD Pearly Gates at the bridge

Blender pot

LSR roller nut

Locking Schaller tuners

Wilkinson trem

CTS pots, Switchcraft switch, Bumblebee caps

Pearloid binding

Schaller strap locks

Jumbo frets, custom inlays, satin finish neck

It's a bit different..................
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

nice guitar you got there

i guess i got atleast 1 guitar that fits in to that category, altough i got two more handbuilt guitars by luthiers they arn't custom as such since they are variations of the luthiers own modells.

Siggi Braun, the raven. before i got it it was sitting in Victor Smolski's studio.
    So as you might have guessed from the previous sentence i'm not the original owner and therefor not having had a hand in the specs, but i'm damn happy with it that's for sure.

Body: Mahogany, one piece
    Top: Quilted Maple, massive, bookmatched
    Neck: Hardmaple, selected
    Fretboard: Rosewood
    Scale: 650 mm
    Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
    Hardware: Black Schaller Locking Mechanics, Floyd Rose II Tremolo
    Pickups: 2 x Custom-shop harry häussel humbuckers
    Electronics: 5-way megaswitch, volume, tone
    Color: Raven (Dark blue with a hint of purple in it, transparent)
    Finish: 2-K high gloss
    Specials: CNS-System, Handselect wood

I got a guitar design of my own all drawn up and pretty much just waiting for the right time to put it in to the hands of a luthier to make my own complete custom all the way from design to specs.