Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
learn guitar with online guitar tab player - TabnPlay

Thread: learn guitar with online guitar tab player - TabnPlay

Post Thanks / Like

Default learn guitar with online guitar tab player - TabnPlay

hey guys , we hope its fine that we are posting this here , we have developed an online virtual guitar that can play any tab you like , you can also use our web application to edit and even to record and save your favorite Tablature
    we are currently in Beta ( so its free ,no ads either)
    and we would seriously like your honest feedback , being said this is a Beginner section ,we would also like to hear from you - what you find useful ? and suggestions for other features/changes that if added will fit your needs

link : http://www.tabnplay.com

enjoy
    Last edited by tabandplay; December 18th, 2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: not displaying image

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!
    Took me a minute to figure out how to slow it down.
    I might suggest color coding the dots for each finger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You're supposed to at least buy us all dinner before spamming us.

I feel so dirty now...
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Heh, that's a pretty funky app.

It could really make it very easy to learn a hard song.

What it comes down to is how easy it will be to access tabs, or add them...if it hads a tab for most any song out there it'll work fine. I have sometimes tried to check out solos for instance from tabs and hearing/seeing the rhythm would make it very much easier to grasp what's happening on a tab. So far, I've felt it's easier to just listen and copy by ear than looking at tabs when it comes to lead parts. BUT it is IMPERATIVE that the tab selection is indeed huge for this to work full well.

It could have a separate beginner mode for instance with stuff like the suggested color codes for fingers (don't see them necessary for 'full mode' but in beginner mode with a choice of easy songs for learning that could be excellent) and it could also have (maybe the same beginner mode or a separate 'song builder' mode) that'd have a chord finder or a library of chords you could drag and drop to the tab to quickly create a chording backing to play over.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

thats pretty interesting
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mrs. Tig bought me Guitar Pro 6 for Christmas, and I love it!
    I had a cracked Guitar Pro 5 before, just to see if I liked it, but 6 is a home run.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tig, Christmas Day (or Christmas Day) hasn't happened yet, unless I had too much eggnog already?

So what the heck are you doing opening presents early? &$%#
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Hey Tig, Christmas Day (or Christmas Day) hasn't happened yet, unless I had too much eggnog already?

So what the heck are you doing opening presents early? &$%#
    She twisted my arm. I fought back, but she forced me to download it, I swear!

Version 5 wouldn't play your .gpx files, so this is really your fault, Robert. (thanks!)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, blame it me, will ya!

Seriously, GP6 is a big improvement over version 5. But it's a pain to download and install - takes a long time. Better to buy on disc.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Sure, blame it me, will ya!

Seriously, GP6 is a big improvement over version 5. But it's a pain to download and install - takes a long time. Better to buy on disc.
    Just bought GP6 a couple of days ago and love it. It's great for writing scores and then exporting the midi to Reason or Pro Tools. Just wrote some drums and replaced the GP6 drums with an EZ Drummer kit. Ausgezeichnet! Although the GP6 soundbanks are surprisingly good too, though limited.

Say Robert, what sort of internet connection do you have over there in Alberta? Download of the whole program took about 6 minutes which is considerably faster than waiting for the postman. Still have that dial-up Compuserve account?

Post Thanks / Like

That was interesting I was actually looking for this one for my guitar music lessons. I wanted to learn as easy like this. Thanks for the post.