Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some iTunes experts

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need some iTunes experts

Ok...how do you burn a CD from your iPod? The songs on my iPod are not in my computer's library. Isn't it possible to put songs on my iPod into the library of my current computer? I'm having trouble with my iPod so now I'm using Media Go to put songs on my PSP. Medio Go perfectly transfers iTunes music into it's own library but I want the music on my iPod that wasn't in my computer library on my Media Go library too. If I can't directly import the music on the computer can I at least burn CDs from the iPod to add to the computer?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

bump for the experts in the field....
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you think the music on your iPod came from? Some magical place?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't make me go off on you. There are many sources a person can get music on his iPod. From the iTunes store...from the computer at home...from the computer at work...someone else's computer. As long as the iPods are not set up for automatic sync you can import music from different computers. I asked for expert help not amatuer help. Don't be a jerk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    Don't make me go off on you. There are many sources a person can get music on his iPod. From the iTunes store...from the computer at home...from the computer at work...someone else's computer. As long as the iPods are not set up for automatic sync you can import music from different computers. I asked for expert help not amatuer help. Don't be a jerk.
    I won't - you beat me to it.

Post Thanks / Like

....and if you would simply do an Internet search on how to copy music from an iPod, you'd actually find some answers. But perhaps you'd rather go to an iPod forum and ask guitar questions.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heywood Jablomie
    Where do you think the music on your iPod came from? Some magical place?
    Who's the one being a jerk? I asked a legitmate question on this forum where I know my friends can help. Are you a friend? No. So if you don't have anything constructive to post on my question don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Because they like to be propietary, Apple has attempted to make it difficult to transfer music from your iPod to your PC.

However, it is not impossible.

Two potential solutions for you...

1. Access you iPod like an external hard drive.

Note: I am assuming you are using a PC. If you're using a Mac, it's a bit different, but same basic concept.

Attach your iPod to the PC.
    Right-click on the icon for your iPod.
    In the "folder options" click on the "View" tab.
    Change the setting to allow you to view hidden files.
    Now use Explorer to navigate to " iPod_Control\Music" on your iPod.
    Those numbered folders in there are your music on your iPod and can be dragged into iTunes to add these songs to your library.

2. Find freeware/shareware designed to transfer songs from iPod to PC.

I've not needed to do this in a long time but last I checked, there's always freeware available to do this, it just takes a bit of googling for "transfer from iPod to PC." Most of these programs have very simple interfaces similar to iTunes itself that will allow you to pick and choose what you want to transfer.

Hope that helps.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks RoG I'll give that a whirl.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it works for you.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    Hope it works for you.
    +1
    Good luck T2TB
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it works for you.
    I downloaded iCopybot for Windows and it works on "some" of my music files. My old iPod is acting up, that's the reason I'm moving them to my PSP, and I think that's part of the reason why it doesn't transfer some of the files is because of the instability of this unit. On some albums it transfers them all but on some it only reads a couple of songs. I did manage to transfer a few albums over to iTunes though which will be able to transfer to Media Go from there. Thanks again for the help RoG!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm...I thought music files on an iPod were AAC format?

If you can get them into iTunes you can burn a CD from there. Why won't the songs go into iTunes?
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by progrmr
    Why won't the songs go into iTunes?
    If I understand T2tB's situation correctly, it's that the only place he currently has these songs is on his iPod.

As part of a strategy against copyright infringement, Apple made it somewhat difficult to transfer songs from an iPod to a computer so that, for instance, I couldn't just lend a friend my iPod and allow them to copy 80gb of music they didn't purchase.

However, as I said, they made it difficult but not impossible and there are several ways around it, including the two I suggested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by progrmr
    Hmmmm...I thought music files on an iPod were AAC format?

If you can get them into iTunes you can burn a CD from there. Why won't the songs go into iTunes?
    Yup RoG has it right. I acquired my music from a couple of different computers. One of them no longer had those music files so I trying to find a way to get them off my iPod and onto another computer. The iCopybot works great for saving some of my music on my iPod onto another computer but like I said it's an old unit and has been giving me problems this past year. I bet it would work flawlessly on an iPod that's in good shape. RoG is da dude thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Yup RoG has it right. I acquired my music from a couple of different computers. One of them no longer had those music files so I trying to find a way to get them off my iPod and onto another computer. The iCopybot works great for saving some of my music on my iPod onto another computer but like I said it's an old unit and has been giving me problems this past year. I bet it would work flawlessly on an iPod that's in good shape. RoG is da dude thanks again!
    No problem. Glad I could help. I had a similar situation with a hard drive crash leaving me with music on my iPod that I didn't have anyplace else and was glad to find a way to remedy that. Now I have my backup hard drive backed up to DVDs. I'm not losing another song ever again!

Post Thanks / Like

No problem. Glad I could help. I had a similar situation with a hard drive crash leaving me with music on my iPod that I didn't have anyplace else and was glad to find a way to remedy that. Now I have my backup hard drive backed up to DVDs. I'm not losing another song ever again!
    Funny you should mention this because I recently lost tons of data on an external hard drive that also went south on me too...and like you, I am going back to saving on DVDs. Maybe others can learn from the info on this thread!

Post Thanks / Like

I sure did,Don't mess with the Abominable Snow Man or he'll cram a star up your a$$! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you should mention this because I recently lost tons of data on an external hard drive that also went south on me too...and like you, I am going back to saving on DVDs. Maybe others can learn from the info on this thread!
    Yes, the lesson is backup your backup. Hard drives crash, typically at the worst possible time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast