Thread: Help Help Help

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Help Help Help

I am wanting to buy something that can record that has 4 or 5 to 6 min. inputs. a eq on the front, and when done recording it is saved to a memory card and is able to put in a computer or saved and can be pluged into a computer. i would really appreciate if somebody would help with as many ideas or brands as possiable to look at musicans friend.

God said let there be music. and rock appeared!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Zoom R-16. No need to look further :-)

I have one and several of my friends has one and we all just love 'em.

8 inputs simultaneously to SD card of your choice with a proper mixer; works as a fully standalone recorder with internal mixdown FX; works with batteries and is very portable BUT also works as a control surface or PC soundcard for your DAW. Two inputs have phantom power for condenser mics and there's even two built-in condenser mics that work great!

The best thing is, when you record 8 tracks - or 16 with two passes - all the tracks appear as unbroken uniform length WAV files (24bit support too!) on the SD card, even if you do overdubs/punch-ins or whatever...

So what we do for instance I just record everything on the Zoom, take the SD card to my home and simply import the tracks directly to Cubase and I have them all perfectly aligned there in the project just like that!

It simply is an incredible machine...I cannot recommend it too much. And I'm dreaming of buying an other one as well, because you can chain them up for 16 tracks recorded at once in sync!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the Zoom. I have the hard disk version of this (HD16CD) and it's a great unit that I understand they only improved with the R16.

I've also heard good things about the Cakewalk V-Studio 100 which covers all the bases you are looking to cover in your post.

- Robert

Guitars: 1977 Gibson S1, Fender 50's Classic Player Edition Stratocaster (MIM), Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster, Lonestar Tele, Yamaha FrankenGuitar (you could call it 'modded' but it just looks broken), Agile AL-3000M Thru-Neck, Agile Valkyrie 24, Peavey T-25, Xaviere XV-550, Xaviere XV-500

Amps: R-50H Reverberocket, Vintage Modern 2266, Twin Reverb, Blues Junior, YCV-40, Hot Rod Deville, Bassman Ten, Valve Junior, Lectrolab R700C, VS65R, Powerblock, GX212R, A small army of vintage Harmony's and similar amps

Pedals: Too many to list - 90% of them of my own making.

Visit me on the webz: pedalbuilder.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    Zoom R-16. No need to look further :-)

I have one and several of my friends has one and we all just love 'em.

8 inputs simultaneously to SD card of your choice with a proper mixer; works as a fully standalone recorder with internal mixdown FX; works with batteries and is very portable BUT also works as a control surface or PC soundcard for your DAW. Two inputs have phantom power for condenser mics and there's even two built-in condenser mics that work great!

The best thing is, when you record 8 tracks - or 16 with two passes - all the tracks appear as unbroken uniform length WAV files (24bit support too!) on the SD card, even if you do overdubs/punch-ins or whatever...

So what we do for instance I just record everything on the Zoom, take the SD card to my home and simply import the tracks directly to Cubase and I have them all perfectly aligned there in the project just like that!

It simply is an incredible machine...I cannot recommend it too much. And I'm dreaming of buying an other one as well, because you can chain them up for 16 tracks recorded at once in sync!
    thank you so much deeaa! this is perfect. you should be a musican sells men! thank you once again!