Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

So...what'd ya get? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So...what'd ya get?

Post Thanks / Like

CV 50s strat, j-bass model, good beer, and a Boss compressor/sustainer.

(Strat details in Squier section of forum)

We bought our son a slot-car racing track which he really enjoys.

A very merry X-mas indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wingsdad
    If you mean the black plastic 'cap' on the business end of it with the Shure name, model, LoZ and cardioid pattern markings, a little up & down play when you pull on it is normal, as is spinning around void as if you're screwing a bottle cap on or off. Or else my 57's been defective for 30 years.
    Yup, that's it. I checked an SM57 at church for comparison purposes this morning, and I found it to be like you described. Good to know -- now I can really celebrate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I got a set of Fender Xmas lights, with Strats and Twin Reverbs as the lights, a pair of Les Paul blueprint replicas (framed, even!), and a Garmin GPS unit for my car.

The kid got her first electric guitar from me, a Daisy Rock. I also gave her a Vox Pathfinder 10. Now we can rock out together!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing guitar related this year, but the wife and kids took care of me in the tool department.

I also got the box set of Austin Powers' Blu-Ray's and Batman Begins on Blu-Ray. Assorted Screwdrivers and some new University of Kentucky lounge pants.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Guitar Pro 6, some clothes, a few gift cards, including one for GC.

The greatest gift was family. This was the best Christmas I can remember.
    Christmas Eve at my cousin's house with everyone in my paternal grand parent's family tree. This is the first time in a long time. 5 generations in all.

Christmas Day was nearly as perfect with all of our kids (except my son who is visiting relatives in Ireland and England) and grand kids, including the twin boys who are now 17 months. We had a blast playing!

Mrs. Tig and I were blessed financially this year with both working, but a few of the kids and other relatives haven't had the same luck. We sent money to those who live in Jersey and North Carolina, which allowed them to actually have a Christmas this year. We also provided extra presents to our grand kids, which helped their parents tremendously. All were extremely appreciative.

We finally got to give at a level we have always wanted.
    That makes this the best Christmas ever!

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Everything sounded good till.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz
    Assorted Screwdrivers and some new University of Kentucky lounge pants.
    .....Sure been alot cooler if that would of been University of Louisville loung pants!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I got:
    Slippers
    Pathfinder 15
    Pathfinder 15R
    Jam Man Looper
    Mexican Tele

I gave:
    Bought my brother in law an acoustic guitar (Samick, all ash acoustic electric, cut away...I like it better than my Taylor )

Bought the wife a nice jewelry armoire.

Treated everyone in the office to sushi .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    I got:
    Slippers
    Pathfinder 15
    Pathfinder 15R
    Jam Man Looper
    Mexican Tele

I gave:
    Bought my brother in law an acoustic guitar (Samick, all ash acoustic electric, cut away...I like it better than my Taylor )

Bought the wife a nice jewelry armoire.

Treated everyone in the office to sushi .
    I wish I worked in your office. Mmmm sushi.

Hey C64, how's the consulting business out your way?

FYI - I'm an enviro geologist too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We're doing well. Opening an office in Texas, someone from Portland, Oregon in fact, is moving down there to start it.

We're hiring.

Post Thanks / Like

We're doing well. Opening an office in Texas, someone from Portland, Oregon in fact, is moving down there to start it.

We're hiring.
    Well, I'm working on a contract basis at the moment, but things are slow out this way. Does your company have an office in the Seattle area?

Post Thanks / Like

I got a Fushigi ball.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still waiting for someone to get me this cab for Christmas. Looking less & less likely, tho....
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip
    I'm still waiting for someone to get me this cab for Christmas. Looking less & less likely, tho....
    Ha ha. Can you wait until your birthday. I'm a little spent after Christmas.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a large tattooed woman!!! Now I have heat in the winter,Shade in the summer and moving pictures all year round. Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    I got a large tattooed woman!!! Now I have heat in the winter,Shade in the summer and moving pictures all year round. Sumi

What does Rush have to do with this :-)
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry it won't let me load that many pixels!LOL! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    Well, I'm working on a contract basis at the moment, but things are slow out this way. Does your company have an office in the Seattle area?
    We haven't extended that far out west yet. We are primarily base din New England, although I work in the Ohio office.

www.sanbornhead.com

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't extended that far out west yet. We are primarily base din New England, although I work in the Ohio office.

www.sanbornhead.com
    Is that you in the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast