Thread: Original old Martin guitar polish ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Original old Martin guitar polish ?

According to the forum rules, ....questions regarding guitar gear fits nicely in here........ so, has anyone used this guitar polish? Is it as good as the old Internet posts from the '80s say it was.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130469510199

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laocmo
    Is it as good as the old Internet posts from the '80s say it was.
    Ha. Nice. Yeah - I seem to recall some of those infamous chat room flame wars from back in the early 80's ... fired up the ol' Vic 20 with a sweet 300 baud modem and went right to The Gear Page to read about guitar polish!

- Robert

Guitars: 1977 Gibson S1, Fender 50's Classic Player Edition Stratocaster (MIM), Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster, Lonestar Tele, Yamaha FrankenGuitar (you could call it 'modded' but it just looks broken), Agile AL-3000M Thru-Neck, Agile Valkyrie 24, Peavey T-25, Xaviere XV-550, Xaviere XV-500

Amps: R-50H Reverberocket, Vintage Modern 2266, Twin Reverb, Blues Junior, YCV-40, Hot Rod Deville, Bassman Ten, Valve Junior, Lectrolab R700C, VS65R, Powerblock, GX212R, A small army of vintage Harmony's and similar amps

Pedals: Too many to list - 90% of them of my own making.

Visit me on the webz: pedalbuilder.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've still got a half a bottle of that sitting on my shelf behind me. I can't say that I'm really excited about it. It's just polish. I never noticed any benefit using it over generic furniture polish. Funny thing with the Martin polish - it had mold growing inside the bottle. I have no idea what's up with that.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Funny thing with the Martin polish - it had mold growing inside the bottle. I have no idea what's up with that.
    That's mojo.

- Robert

Guitars: 1977 Gibson S1, Fender 50's Classic Player Edition Stratocaster (MIM), Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster, Lonestar Tele, Yamaha FrankenGuitar (you could call it 'modded' but it just looks broken), Agile AL-3000M Thru-Neck, Agile Valkyrie 24, Peavey T-25, Xaviere XV-550, Xaviere XV-500

Amps: R-50H Reverberocket, Vintage Modern 2266, Twin Reverb, Blues Junior, YCV-40, Hot Rod Deville, Bassman Ten, Valve Junior, Lectrolab R700C, VS65R, Powerblock, GX212R, A small army of vintage Harmony's and similar amps

Pedals: Too many to list - 90% of them of my own making.

Visit me on the webz: pedalbuilder.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a bottle for years. Not sure when I got it, but it could have been mid 80's. I was not impressed with the stuff. I ended up getting the kit that Fender sells (formulated with Meguire's) and I am much happier with that product. BTW not sure if Martin changed the bottle when they changed the formula, but my bottle looks exactly like the one in the ad
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pedalbuilder
    That's mojo.
    That's good to know...because, my fridge is full of mojo.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing special about it. I had some stuff (may have been Ernie Ball?)back in the early 90s that was great. It would haze over and buff off leaving a great shine and no residue. Stuff smelled like old bananas.