Thread: Great service from Stewart MacDonald

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Great service from Stewart MacDonald

I ordered a couple pups and switches 2 weeks ago, they said it usually takes 10-14 days to pass through Canadian Customs. In my box today (I did get nailed for duty) One pup came missing a spring, no big deal but I email them just in case they are shipping many orders like that. I even said, "don't waste time and money mailing me a spring", I can use an old one... reply... Thanks for letting us know, no problem we will mail you a new spring.

I'll shop there again.

Post Thanks / Like

Stew Mac is the shizzle!

They're fast and a pleasure to work with.
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

Default They're good!

I'm Canadian, too. I've ordered a couple times from Stewmac and also was very impressed. Their site is great and so is their printed catalogue, which is nice to have around. They send out great articles on guitar repair every week or so when you're on their mailing list.

I've written to them for advice and they get right back and also know what they're talking about.

I'm looking forward to the days when I can start buying their tools and really get into building. I like how they have everything but make it look accessible to beginners.

Post Thanks / Like

StewMac is one of the best online retailer and I bought quite a few from them. Some guitar tech tools, books and even a set of Steinberger tuners.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great cheap tool

I really love their stringwinder electric screwdriver bit. I do such a better job at string changes with it, right from the first time. It's really worth the $5 or whatever. I actually got it at the same time I finally got my first electric screwdriver... it's like my favourite thing now. I can't believe I replaced strat pickguards without it.

I also bought their trem spring installation puller thing. It's basically a hook on a stick for stretching and installing the springs. It's good, too... but I realized there's a sewing tool for buttons or something that works too if you happen to have one of those.