Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Brookwood Leather ~ I tried something a bit different ~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brookwood Leather ~ I tried something a bit different ~

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brookwood Leather ~ I tried something a bit different ~

I tried something a bit different ~ what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Stunning! How did you do that?
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Airbrush ~ and a big fattie

Post Thanks / Like

That looks great. Can you do dragon scales too?

I'm just curious - do people eve have issues with the metal buckles scratching their instruments? That much metal around my guitars makes me nervous.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it should be a problem, but I guess you could scratch it. I usually use a cut to size strap with no hardware, but I have some with buckles and never had a problem. I always seem to find something else to ding it with~ LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, that looks great! Very unique.
    Bet it took some time.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I worked on it two days. The airbrushing takes a long time. It was fun though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I'm just curious - do people eve have issues with the metal buckles scratching their instruments?
    Yeah, I learned that lesson the hard way. No problem while wearing the guitar, but I didn't take the strap off when I put the guitar away in it's case and after awhile I noticed I had scuffed the front of the guitar pretty bad. Dumb mistake, but I sold that guitar anyway, and I'm more careful now.
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Very Nice!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great....
    LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

awesome...!
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice

Nice, but I would like to see a theme other than the Country Western theme, maybe a sunburst cast buckle or snowflake. Also an adjustable hardwareless type with the adjustment slits in the leather to loop the thin part of the strap thru work really well and fit about anyone and could be tooled to look awesome, as it can be seen you have definitely the talent produce some very artistic products.

Hey, to each their own. Your product is really nice. Just thought I'd throw in a few ideas that you may or may not be able to take into consideration.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions Duffy. I've always shied away from the ladder type adjustment with the slots cut because anytime I ever used one it was all bunched up in back and changing the length was a pain. I make the straps to the length needed by the customer so having one adjust from 40" to 60" like commercial straps isn't really necessary. From talking with people most players never adjust the length of their straps after they set it to their preferred length when they get it. The Cut to Size style I make has been pretty popular with guys that don't need or want a buckle adjustment. I will often place 2 holes at the back spaced 2" apart that allow for some adjustment to compensate for the difference of summer to winter weight clothing.
    But I'm always open to new buckle designs when I can find nice ones. A long time ago I made some cast brass buckles myself. Making the wax form, casting it in investment, baking the mold in a kiln to burn out the wax, and then pouring the brass and dressing up the casting was fun, but a real project.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice indeed!
    I'm patiently (anxiously) awaiting a Brookwood original, and very much looking forward to it.

Good stuff!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Great idea.

I like the custom cut to length method. I also like the texture stamped or rolled on your strap. Was that stamped by you and sewn or machine rolled and sewn?
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

I do any stamping by hand. I know they make embossing machines that you can load with dies that press a design in the leather and you turn a crank to feed the leather through. That's a quick way to make a design on a belt but the dies are usually only 1", maybe 1 1/2" wide and the embossing machine and the dies are very expensive. Places like Tandy sell belt blanks stamped like that as well as the machines. Something like this one is hand stamped ~

Post Thanks / Like

Drool! One of the sweetest straps I've ever seen.
    You are really gifted!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Drool! One of the sweetest straps I've ever seen.
    You are really gifted!
    +1 on that! Outstanding work, Bob, and belated congrats on your retail deal!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast