Thread: Any doctors here BTW? post-surgery worries...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Any doctors here BTW? post-surgery worries...

Just a thought---anybody here know anything about tonsillectomies?

As you may know, I had it a few months back. I'm however considering going to see a doctor to check it out, only I hesitate...

It's not sore at all, all healed, and I get much better air flow now, it was only good for singing (well I seem to have a little more distorted/husky voice now, I guess because the airflow is stronger). So basically everything is OK.

BUT I have this weird feeling down there I can't really put my finger on. It feels quite exactly like when you have a hair stuck in your throat, kinda makes you want to swallow all the time.

It could either be just some scar tissue that feels a little tight - but should it still after months?

One thing that it could also be is that now that the mouth 'ceiling', I mean, the airway to the nose is WAY more open (I discovered that I can now push my finger UP into some nasal? cavity I don't know what it is in the back of the throat on the left side, you know, behind the dangling part there), there's so much air coming in from the nose and so much closer to mouth front, that the airflow simply keeps the back of the tongue/those areas unnaturally dry.

Anyway...if someone knows anything about such stuff..lemme know!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Scar tissue. It's going to be a while before that feels normal. Unless it is a hair, in which case "atta boy"!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A follow up exam to cover your concern would be a good idea. It would be quick and easy. I'd make an appointment.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah...I guess I'll give it a month or so more, and if it stays the same, I'll see a doctor. Clearly nothing is getting worse at least, if not better either...I do tend to heal quite slowly it seems. Back in my youth I pierced my own ear once for a ring, and despite I kept it meticulously clean, it was still sore&not healed completely a year from making and the neck glands below it swollen some.

Thanks!
    Dee

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't sweat it. I discovered I can pass objects from once side of my nostril to the other. Learn to live with it, I say. Hell you might even come up with ideas to exploit your new found ability to make some extra coin.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Whoa! That's something I'm torn between would I like to see or not :-)
    Dee