Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
I'm going to see this tomorrow.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm going to see this tomorrow....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very nice, DVM! I'm happy for you, man!

I'm sure you'll appreciate it and give it the home it deserves.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also a member on the Les Paul Forum. What I can't understand it that guys buy these guitars for 5 grand and then immediately change the pickups.
    The is how I got my BBs for my gold top. They are excellent pick ups and I don't really know why a guy would pay that much for a guitar that he didn't like the pickups.
    I checked up here and that same guitar is "on sale" for 6900 at the 12th Fret in Toronto.
    I think you got a pretty good deal.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice indeed. The serial number seems like a '95 mfg. year. That explains
    the light weight if so as Gibson was having a tough time finding lighter
    (low silica content) wood as time went on. Also if a '95 it could be a
    Tom Murphy finish on it. He actually used Iodine in the finish of that type
    finish. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome snag bro!

Stealing some words from The Tubes - She's a Beauty!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my my im jealous brother
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    Muddy! Where the heck have you been?

And of course, welcome back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Earle G
    Very nice indeed. The serial number seems like a '95 mfg. year. That explains
    the light weight if so as Gibson was having a tough time finding lighter
    (low silica content) wood as time went on. Also if a '95 it could be a
    Tom Murphy finish on it. He actually used Iodine in the finish of that type
    finish. Congrats!
    Nope, it's definitely a 2005. There are apparently several ways to differentiate the '95s from the '05s, but the fret inlays are the easiest. See THIS POST at the MyLesPaul.com forums. Mine definitely has the "swirly" patterned fret inlays with the sharp corners. It also has the "reissue" bumblebee tone caps, where they were still using ceramics in '95.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    MUDDY!! Where the heck you been, bro???
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Short answer is health problems......but im still kicking
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice guitar man, you deserve it.

Post Thanks / Like

Fell out of this thread while traveling. Congrats DVM! That is a truly stunning guitar and you got an excellent deal besides.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely one of the most beautiful guitars here on the fret. That look is hard to top, to be honest.

Great catch. Congrats DVM!

"A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Definitely one of the most beautiful guitars here on the fret. That look is hard to top, to be honest.

Great catch. Congrats DVM!

Agreed............damn voodooman
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

beautiful guitar !!! congrats !!! clips?
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious....
    What do they use for Nut material on the '59 re issue, and what are you stringing it with?
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've read, the nut material used on the Historic Series guitars at that time was Corian. That's a synthetic composite made of alumina trihydate ceramic in an acrylic polymer matrix, developed by DuPont in the '60s. Though best known as a material used for kitchen counters and bathroom vanity tops, it was originally developed as a replacement material for human bones. So it's not a bone nut, but it is as close as DuPont could get!

The guitar has D'Addario 10's on it.

BTW, is that Lowell George in your avatar?
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    ....That's a synthetic composite made of alumina trihydate ceramic in an acrylic polymer matrix.....
    You know, looking at the pictures I suspected as much. You know what they say, a shot of Al(OH)3 a day keeps the doctor away.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    BTW, is that Lowell George in your avatar?
    Yep, that's him.

Corian, no kidding. What did they use on original 59's back in the day? My Idol has black graphite and that's one object open for variation. Mind you, I'm well aware that the nut is not a HUGE factor, but it is a relatively inexpensive mod, and getting as close as possible to the "Holy Grail" can't hurt.

Thanks.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234