Thread: B52s review

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation B52s review

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...ack?sku=482088) ive been playing guitar for 3-4 years and this thing is the most awsome thing ive even been able to control ha. sitting it in my room, its on a 2 and on a 4 when no one homes makes your ear ring when standing in front of it. sound quality is a 11 out of 10!. they say this is the poor mans marshal, but for the money, its worth it. STOP buying combo amps if you read this, out of my experience they break down on you or you will be sick of them. after buying this there is no turning back. who agrees with me?
    “My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”
    -Jimi page

Post Thanks / Like

I had the Line 6 III 30 watt for less than 6 months before I got rid of it. A friend kept telling me my guitar was out of tune but it wasn't. As crazy as this sounds, some settings on the thing actually made my guitar sound out of tune! I would unplug and put into my friends Fender and Marshall and it sounded fine but as soon as I plugged back into the Line 6, it sounded out of tune.
    I did test it with a similar guitar at Guitar Center where I bought it with a number of guitars but never did give it a true work out there. Someone who played acoustic at a church bought it for $100 and has been happy.

Post Thanks / Like

I've played that exact half stack at GC a couple years ago. I was very surprised at how good it sounded. It got really loud, too, to the point that the salesman was screaming, "DUDE!"

I usually don't do that sort of thing, but the Slayer riffs were getting to be a bit too much in there.

Take a look at the B52 tube amphs, too. Some great, complex tones to be found there as well. I dug it.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I paid for my So-Cal half stack. They are awesome as well.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

ROCK LOBSTER! Oh, that B-52; sorry.
    My favorite tv shows are reruns. Specificly the ones I've seen before; that way I can say "I've seen this before", turn off the tv, and go play guitar some more.