Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Glow in the dark V-pick! Wow!

Thread: Glow in the dark V-pick! Wow!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Glow in the dark V-pick! Wow!

Tada!

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a glow in the dark screamer myself. Way cool.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some screamers coming but not the glow in the dark. How are you liking the Screamer? Can you see and feel a major difference or is it slight?
    I read so many good reviews, it was hard for me to pass it up.......splurge purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. I've found v-picks to be too bright and plastic-y sounding (kind of a "plink" on the attack) and not very warm, particularly with acoustic guitar and warmer electric rhythm guitar. While the difference wasn't overly pronounced in this demo, I tended to hear the same thing.

I keep picking up my v-picks and trying them again, and I keep finding that they just don't sound good to me. Strange.

Anyway, thanks for the cool demo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman
    I have some screamers coming but not the glow in the dark. How are you liking the Screamer? Can you see and feel a major difference or is it slight?
    I read so many good reviews, it was hard for me to pass it up.......splurge purchase.
    I love my Screamer. The only problem is that on the rare occasion that I drop it, the clear ones are tough to find on the floor. Next time I order I think I'm going ruby red.

When I saw you at the beginning, I totally expected you to play "Welcome to the Machine."
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Might need these too...
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    I keep picking up my v-picks and trying them again, and I keep finding that they just don't sound good to me. Strange.
    Just keep doing that and one day it will come to you...Grasshopper.

Keep in mind that different models have different attacks. With the medium rounded I get a lot of plink too but once I start using the proper technique it mostly goes away. With the Screamer it's never been an issue. Same with the Switchblade.

Post Thanks / Like

Just keep doing that and one day it will come to you...Grasshopper.

Keep in mind that different models have different attacks. With the medium rounded I get a lot of plink too but once I start using the proper technique it mostly goes away. With the Screamer it's never been an issue. Same with the Switchblade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Might need these too...
    Kind of the same idea. You just added a letter.

Post Thanks / Like

Really nice to hear you play some acoustic, Robert!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1
    Really nice to hear you play some acoustic, Robert!
    Thanks! Perhaps I should play acoustic more? Now that I have a new, good acoustic (Norman).
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Glow in the dark plectrums, glow in the dark strings...whats next?

O wait, I know....It's my glow in the dark fuzz pedal!

Russian Fuzz by Ch0jiN, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Kind of the same idea. You just added a letter.

Touché!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig

Touché!
    I'm so glad the pun wasn't wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Hmm. I've found v-picks to be too bright and plastic-y sounding (kind of a "plink" on the attack) and not very warm, particularly with acoustic guitar and warmer electric rhythm guitar. While the difference wasn't overly pronounced in this demo, I tended to hear the same thing.
    I was of the same mind for quite a while but have come to prefer the V-Picks over any others. Especially the "Snake" (4.1mm). It's really fast and the "plink" is not so plinky. I did recently "pick" up a variety of picks at NAMM. I am getting into a very nice, polished rosewood pick. Really warm sounding. Also a couple of bone and horn picks I found play real fast, are very comfortable and easy to hold onto.

I do experiment quite a bit with picks, even making some of my own, but so far I like V-picks best.