Thread: NAMM Day 3 - Mad Professor

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NAMM Day 3 - Mad Professor

Short day, only 1.5 hours and then off to the airport.

I did manage to try some cool stuff though!

First of all, the Swedish Bjorn Juhl (or is he Finnish?) amp builder is known for the high end amps he builds under the name Mad Professor. I have known about his boutique stuff for a long time but this was the first time I got try his babies.

I played the Old School 21 - wow, great amp! It has an old school vibe, sort of Fenderish but with a different kind of gain. Very dynamic, and a perfect small club amp.

The BJF pedals were awesome too. I especially liked the Little Green Wonder but that red distortion pedal was fat and wicked too.

The Grosh Tele I tested with was just aaaahhhh and oooooohhh .... it was a reliced kind - looked like had been played to death and just wicked old school. It played like a dream and I didn't want to let go of it... (stupid flight home...)

I'm at San Francisco airport right now, waiting to get home to the snow and ice and super cold...

I'll for sure post lots of pictures laterz.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not sure if the main dude is Swedish in origin but the company&most designers etc. are Finnish, they're about 350 km southwest from me. I came very close to buying their Little Green Wonder pedal a while back, but they're freaking expensive :-)
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That OldSchool sounds nice! Glad you had a good time Robert (and Mark)!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson