Thread: Singer Smacks Guitarist Over Bad Solo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Singer Smacks Guitarist Over Bad Solo

Too funny....

Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

lol! Yea, the train definitely came off the tracks there.
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like

As if that song was perfect up to the solo.

My favorite part though was the bass player making like he was going to clobber the guy with his bass. Bad enough to pile on, worse to demonstrate that you can't go with your hands so you have to use a bass as a weapon.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

WoW ! I thought playing was supposed to be fun?
    He was pretty bad though, but so was everyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

I can only imagine the brawls that took place during practice. There just ain't a place for smackin' folks around during a gig.

Get through the set, and talk about it afterwards, but don't smack the guitar player for flubbing a solo. Sheesh!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I've deserved one of those slaps on more than one occasion.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing that WASN'T Ritchie Blackmore he b-slapped...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing that the singer and bass player may face assault & battery charges for their actions.

I wonder if that "solo" was an intentional flub to get back at the other guys over some previous slight?

Post Thanks / Like

Well that explains it for me,now I know why so many singers have guitars sticking out their a$$! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    I'm guessing that the singer and bass player may face assault & battery charges for their actions.

I wonder if that "solo" was an intentional flub to get back at the other guys over some previous slight?
    You can't fake being that bad...He was doing the best he could with his (very) limited "skills"...

They should all slap each other for "playing" "music" so horribly.

Post Thanks / Like

The singer is a punk... I feel bad for the guitarist.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Guitarist is a pretty mellow guy. I would have had my guitar busted over that singers head a split second later. Who hits someone in the back of the head?