Thread: New Mixer Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Mixer Day!

Just recieved my new mixer.
    It's a Presonus 16.4.2 Studiolive.Been drewling over one of these since they first came out and kinda waited around to see if they were gonna be stable or not and if the firmware updates are useful.
    I'm very excited about it and I can't wait to use it tonight at rehearsals and then my gig next weekend!
    I will report to you guys about it later.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy NMD

Post Thanks / Like

been looking at one of those for a while as well...let us know !!!
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Well first impressions are "shoot" what did I get myself into
    But after a few minutes of figuring out the control surface,I love it.
    I'm not aftraid to send money on my guitar gear, so the thought goes why not spend the money to make your whole system at least compatible with your guitar.
    Further investigation is warranted and I'll have some time to work with it this weekend so I don't show up to a gig like a total idiot, but so far it's a real winner!

Post Thanks / Like

how is the 'Fat' channel working out for you?
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monkus
    how is the 'Fat' channel working out for you?
    I'm already Fat!
    But really it's pretty easy to operate this board if you have some knowledge of PA systems.
    The pre's seem to be way better than the Carvin i've been using, more open and live sounding.
    The "Fat" channel is great to work with,very easy to set up per channel/person/instrument.Great sounding dynamics easy to dial in.
    The semi para EQ is just about right for everything.
    The effects sound nice a clean,spacious not to many harsh digital remnants on for example a long tailed stereo spread delay.
    The Aux/ Monitors are a breeze to set up and should be easy to use in a live situaton. You have the Fat channel to help deal with feed back or comps to handle leveling.
    I'm sure theres stuff I won't like about it but so far for MY situation it's a great tool and I can see how it will improve the overall quality if the gigs I'm doing.
    The ability to save all of my presets and the EQ for a specific room will help the setup as all I have to do is re-call those settings and adjust the knobs/encoders to match and I should be close.
    I gig alot and I'm the lighting guy as well as the PA guy so to have a couple of laptops on stage as well as my guitar rig is something I'm used to.
    This board will make things easier.
    As soon as I figure out the recording functions I'll post some thing here too!