Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Yikes, what did I get myself into? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yikes, what did I get myself into?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a very cool evening to me.

I hope all turns out well for your father.

With that in mind:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not very exciting stage presence being demonstrated there. LOL! But evidence nonetheless. First time I had ever played out sitting down. But it worked ok for this dinner music gig. The keyboard player did not make it into the frame and was to the right of Brian on the right with his Taylor.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hey, you're out there doing it, sitting or standing. The Hag's looking good, are you playing through the Peavey?

Also, any info on what that bass is? Obviously a flipped righty, but that headstock isn't ringing any bells for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep, that's the Peavey between me and JohnnyV. The Hag/Peavey combo, with a little delay on a couple of the songs, was just what they were looking for in this group. Fat and warm sounding. I dialed the mids out a little with the eq but really that was all. The Concert would be fun to gig with, but is much bigger to haul around, and really would be overkill for this project. Brian wants to get a rock project with a drummer going maybe end of summer/fall, and if we do that, I may give both amphs a tryout. But the Peavey works really well anyway.

Just for grins, here is the band page for Stonewheat, Johnny and Brian's band from back in the day, which was active in LA back in the 90s.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stonew...444866?sk=wall

Note Johnny is the longhaired keyboard player in that group. He played bass in this project.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Also, any info on what that bass is? Obviously a flipped righty, but that headstock isn't ringing any bells for me.
    Hmm, I think it is an inexpensive Ibanez Brian has. It sounds good and works just fine. It gets knocked over, left in vehicles, etc., but keeps on truckin'. Johnny played bass here, but with their Stonewheat setup, and some of their other projects, usually plays keys. He just flipped Brian's "beater bass" over.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Hmm, I think it is an inexpensive Ibanez Brian has. It sounds good and works just fine. It gets knocked over, left in vehicles, etc., but keeps on truckin'. Johnny played bass here, but with their Stonewheat setup, and some of their other projects, usually plays keys. He just flipped Brian's "beater bass" over.
    Keepin' on truckin' is the sign of a good bass.

My T-40 is like that. Indestructible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede View Post
    Its going to be Awesome Steve! Have fun and enjoy the ride.
    Thanks Swede, and all the rest for the encouragement. And enjoy the ride I have. I hope it picks up again at the end of the summer after they are done with their summer project.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234