Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Super idea...or snake oil?

Thread: Super idea...or snake oil?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Super idea...or snake oil?

You make the call....?

The all-new 3rd generation ToneRite® for guitar!

http://tonerite.com/guitar/vmchk

...........................ToneRite® Guitar: 3G................................

..........................All new 3rd Generation!.............................

We have now released the all-new 3rd generation ToneRite® for guitar!
    These 3rd generation models are hot off the press and represent the
    newest and most advanced ToneRite® yet. The third generation can be
    used equally well on steel or nylon string acoustics as well as archtops
    and hollowbodies!

So....what do you think?
    LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

Harumph! Snake Oil!

Others may disagree with me here, and that's totally cool. I just don't believe it... Besides, owners of acoustics and hollowbodies have been placing their instruments in front of speakers while music was playing for years for the same purpose. And that method is free!

Good on the guy for using his knowledge of acoustic physics and engineering, and for inventing a new product, but I ain't buying it.

Besides, any guitar or acoustic stringed instrument should sound good enough to play out of the box, or you shouldn't buy it. That way when you like the tone, you can be amazed later when the wood "breaks in" and it sounds better.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Your instrument will retain its individual character but will be better balanced with more tone and playability.
    How can a guitar acquire more tone?

Post Thanks / Like

What Kat said....

Post Thanks / Like

I think we discussed the merits of this a while back. While there is some sound physics involved, it's much simpler to leave your guitars out near a stereo speaker for much of the same effect as this gizmo will provide, and at a much cheaper price. Nice try ToneRite, but I ain't falling for it.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

From their website:

For centuries, well-versed musicians and luthiers have acknowledged the importance of playing instruments regularly to achieve and maintain their optimum sound. However, when accomplished musician and engineer Agapitus (Augi) Lye purchased a new cello, he lacked the time necessary to adequately play-in the instrument. Utilizing his knowledge of acoustical physics and leaning on his engineering background, Augi built a prototype that would become the ToneRite.
    So the inventor lacked the time to break in his instrument but didn't lack the time to develop a completely new product to break in his instrument for him.
    I'll give this one a pass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I received one free with my ShamWow order!

Looks familiar?
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a far better and cost-effective solution. Just store your guitars atop the tumble dryer or washing machine!

Can't believe what utter bull....
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.