Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Cold morning... -36 C (-32.8 F)

Thread: Cold morning... -36 C (-32.8 F)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cold morning... -36 C (-32.8 F)

Brrr.... lucky the car started, because I forgot to plug it in.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy! That is cold! And I thought we were cold, having -6 °C this morning.
    Watch your fingers Rob....you still need them to play cool licks for us!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you are really getting the winter this year. We aren't and we usually do. You're so lucky. Stay warm and no outdoor barefoot running, okay.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is cold over here too. Not quite that cold, but cold. It is the darned high pressure system cold with no snow too. I would love it if La Nina would shift the jet back over and turn on the tap again.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

supposedly, the spicket is gonna be thrown wide open for Chicago today, possibly breaking all records. There's been so much hype, like nothing I've experienced in all my years as a snow belt resident. We had a 2" dusting overnight, now calm and a Blizzard warning officially kicks in at 3 this afternoon. Last night the early news had hundreds of cancellations listed and snow was not even falling, and wasn't expected for nearly 24 hours. I went to the grocery store with my girlfriend, and racks were empty, produce pretty much cleaned out, no bottled water....it was what I imagine in hurricane zones!

Sadly, being in Chicago, there's not much to do, even when the snow flies. Lots of labor, the city is more beautiful for a couple of days, and that's it. To top it off, we'll be below zero, Fahrenheit, on Wednesday.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Every time I think extreme cold I think of the book "The Left Hand of Darkness". In it, there is the tale of a trek across the local Antartica. Two characters (I think) travel on iced-up continent for days and days, a fasinating read...

Other: What's with thing about bottled water, are people afraid municipal water with get turned off?

Edit: Spelling errors... cold hands in the spare room where computer is right now..!
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had some of that cold here. It's going to be around 40c every day this week and last night I measured 31c (88f) in my bedroom at midnight. I hate summer so much....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can keep that cold %$&* up there, thanks!
    We'll be in the mid 20's the next few nights, which means pipe breaking panic around here.

Sadly, poorer people in old houses that aren't insulated well will be using any method of heat, which means fire and tragic losses. There are some parts of firefighting I don't miss...
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, that's pretty damned cold already! I don't think I've ever experienced so cold myself.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    You can keep that cold %$&* up there, thanks!
    We'll be in the mid 20's the next few nights, which means pipe breaking panic around here.

Sadly, poorer people in old houses that aren't insulated well will be using any method of heat, which means fire and tragic losses. There are some parts of firefighting I don't miss...
    I remember when I lived in Mississippi as a kid, the poorer houses often didn't have glass in the windows, and just plastic covered them. The walls also only had paper on the inside. Those houses are going to be cold. Yet I don't think the people will suffer. They will probably go sit in the Cadillac that's parked in the driveway and run the heater. I know it sounds like I'm stereotyping, but it's true. I seen it with my own peepers.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    I remember when I lived in Mississippi as a kid, the poorer houses often didn't have glass in the windows, and just plastic covered them. The walls also only had paper on the inside. Those houses are going to be cold. Yet I don't think the people will suffer. They will probably go sit in the Cadillac that's parked in the driveway and run the heater. I know it sounds like I'm stereotyping, but it's true. I seen it with my own peepers.
    Yup. I can certainly believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

It's not THAT cold here, but I find it rather amusing that we have the same high temperature today as Dallas-Forth Worth. The ironic thing is that when they last had the Super Bowl in Detroit they had to make snow so that it would appear all nice and wintery.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the people will suffer. They will probably go sit in the Cadillac that's parked in the driveway and run the heater. I know it sounds like I'm stereotyping, but it's true. I seen it with my own peepers.[/QUOTE]You got that right and we be drinkin wine and playing the blues.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    I seen it with my own peepers.
    I sure ain't seen it all, but I've seen close to it. <- I think I just wrote a lyric line! So yes, I believe you, Spud.
    I've made fire and EMS runs in the meanest neighborhoods in tha' hood, at the wrong time of night, as well as the nastiest trailers and crack houses. Not much surprises me anymore!