Thread: The TLB Overdriver

Post Thanks / Like

Default The TLB Overdriver

Hey there, I'm happy to announce a new pedal, the TLB Overdriver!

This is a cool, and very straight-forward tool for achieving great overdriven tones. I made a quick demo, below, and will offer these built up on order to anybody who mentions thefret.net for $60, shipped (CONUS)!

These can also be built with a master volume, and as a two-in-one with two circuits in a single box - just contact me and we'll figure out what works best for you! As always, more info and updates will be posted at http://www.godasound.com

- Robert

Guitars: 1977 Gibson S1, Fender 50's Classic Player Edition Stratocaster (MIM), Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster, Lonestar Tele, Yamaha FrankenGuitar (you could call it 'modded' but it just looks broken), Agile AL-3000M Thru-Neck, Agile Valkyrie 24, Peavey T-25, Xaviere XV-550, Xaviere XV-500

Amps: R-50H Reverberocket, Vintage Modern 2266, Twin Reverb, Blues Junior, YCV-40, Hot Rod Deville, Bassman Ten, Valve Junior, Lectrolab R700C, VS65R, Powerblock, GX212R, A small army of vintage Harmony's and similar amps

Pedals: Too many to list - 90% of them of my own making.

Visit me on the webz: pedalbuilder.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice demo PB, it cuts out a bit early though. "And that...."? A nice sounding OD for sure and $60 sure sounds like a sweet price. Lucky that volume pot sounds scratchy and not crackly

Is that a 3mm LED your using in a lot of your pedals?

Out of curiosity, PRE CS5 by any chance? I noticed cool effects like that when I started messing with it the other day.

edit: "Val Car Rye" haha I always thought it was "Val Keery" but that's probably my accent

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, thanks! Yeah - we wouldn't want any crackling, okay? Ha.

I guess it does cut out a tad early - all your missing, though, is "And that's the TLB Overdriver," I guess I never noticed since I'm usually pretty tired of listening to myself by then!

And - yep - I use ultra-bright 3mm LEDs for the most part. I try to use ones with a flat head - the way they sit in the enclosure means you get a nice, bright, very noticeable indicator without the overly bright, blinding nature of the bigger ultra-brights.

For the demo I didn't use CS5, just Windows Movie Maker . . . I have Adobe Creative Suite CS3, maybe I should look into using it for these . . .

- Robert

Guitars: 1977 Gibson S1, Fender 50's Classic Player Edition Stratocaster (MIM), Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster, Lonestar Tele, Yamaha FrankenGuitar (you could call it 'modded' but it just looks broken), Agile AL-3000M Thru-Neck, Agile Valkyrie 24, Peavey T-25, Xaviere XV-550, Xaviere XV-500

Amps: R-50H Reverberocket, Vintage Modern 2266, Twin Reverb, Blues Junior, YCV-40, Hot Rod Deville, Bassman Ten, Valve Junior, Lectrolab R700C, VS65R, Powerblock, GX212R, A small army of vintage Harmony's and similar amps

Pedals: Too many to list - 90% of them of my own making.

Visit me on the webz: pedalbuilder.com