Thread: Gibson Les Paul Studio '60s Tribute

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gibson Les Paul Studio '60s Tribute

Anybody had a chance to play one of these? I am looking to get into a P90 equipped LP this year and at this price point ($850 at MF, so I assume comparable everywhere else) it'd be great to grab a real Gibson rather than my other choices, currently with the Agile AL-3000 in the lead . . .

I've got all the time in the world, though, with no need to buy now or ever, so . . . opinions?

- Robert

Guitars: 1977 Gibson S1, Fender 50's Classic Player Edition Stratocaster (MIM), Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster, Lonestar Tele, Yamaha FrankenGuitar (you could call it 'modded' but it just looks broken), Agile AL-3000M Thru-Neck, Agile Valkyrie 24, Peavey T-25, Xaviere XV-550, Xaviere XV-500

Amps: R-50H Reverberocket, Vintage Modern 2266, Twin Reverb, Blues Junior, YCV-40, Hot Rod Deville, Bassman Ten, Valve Junior, Lectrolab R700C, VS65R, Powerblock, GX212R, A small army of vintage Harmony's and similar amps

Pedals: Too many to list - 90% of them of my own making.

Visit me on the webz: pedalbuilder.com

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw these online recently, and that GT looks freakin' sweet. Then again, you could get 2 Agiles with that kind of coin. I love my AL3K, just for the record. It's unreal the kind of quality you get for the money with an Agile.

I'd love to try one of those Gibbys out, but it looks like they're not going to be in stock until later this month. Right around tax return time, coincidentally.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    I love my AL3K, just for the record. It's unreal the kind of quality you get for the money with an Agile.
    I agree with this 100%. I have the AL-3000M with the neck-thru . . . a beautiful instrument, and - at the time - the most expensive thing Rondo sold at like $599 including the case . . . . crazy.

And yeah - this tax return is going to really boost the guitar economy - I have no self control.

- Robert

Guitars: 1977 Gibson S1, Fender 50's Classic Player Edition Stratocaster (MIM), Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster, Lonestar Tele, Yamaha FrankenGuitar (you could call it 'modded' but it just looks broken), Agile AL-3000M Thru-Neck, Agile Valkyrie 24, Peavey T-25, Xaviere XV-550, Xaviere XV-500

Amps: R-50H Reverberocket, Vintage Modern 2266, Twin Reverb, Blues Junior, YCV-40, Hot Rod Deville, Bassman Ten, Valve Junior, Lectrolab R700C, VS65R, Powerblock, GX212R, A small army of vintage Harmony's and similar amps

Pedals: Too many to list - 90% of them of my own making.

Visit me on the webz: pedalbuilder.com