Thread: GodaFace - Germanium/Silicon Hybrid NPN Fuzz!

Post Thanks / Like

Default GodaFace - Germanium/Silicon Hybrid NPN Fuzz!

If you're looking for a great sounding fuzz that will fit right in with it's neighbors on your pedal board, check this guy out - the GodaFace! It's a hybrid fuzz, using a germanium in the first stage and a silicon transistor in the second. The result is a great and responsive fuzz tone, and since NPN transistors are used you don't need to worry about the power supply! These should go for around $85 or so - that's a nice price on a hand-built, point-to-point fuzz!

Here is a demo (it cuts off early, like my last one did - I don't know why my video editing software is doing this, but you only miss out on me ruining some Neil Young):

- Robert

Guitars: 1977 Gibson S1, Fender 50's Classic Player Edition Stratocaster (MIM), Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster, Lonestar Tele, Yamaha FrankenGuitar (you could call it 'modded' but it just looks broken), Agile AL-3000M Thru-Neck, Agile Valkyrie 24, Peavey T-25, Xaviere XV-550, Xaviere XV-500

Amps: R-50H Reverberocket, Vintage Modern 2266, Twin Reverb, Blues Junior, YCV-40, Hot Rod Deville, Bassman Ten, Valve Junior, Lectrolab R700C, VS65R, Powerblock, GX212R, A small army of vintage Harmony's and similar amps

Pedals: Too many to list - 90% of them of my own making.

Visit me on the webz: pedalbuilder.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one You got some serious fuzz going on with this one, almost sounds a little like a bug muff at the end there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Yeah - I'm liking this design a lot - a lot of good fuzz tones to be found (although, admittedly, 99% of the time I just play it full-bore!)

- Robert

Guitars: 1977 Gibson S1, Fender 50's Classic Player Edition Stratocaster (MIM), Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster, Lonestar Tele, Yamaha FrankenGuitar (you could call it 'modded' but it just looks broken), Agile AL-3000M Thru-Neck, Agile Valkyrie 24, Peavey T-25, Xaviere XV-550, Xaviere XV-500

Amps: R-50H Reverberocket, Vintage Modern 2266, Twin Reverb, Blues Junior, YCV-40, Hot Rod Deville, Bassman Ten, Valve Junior, Lectrolab R700C, VS65R, Powerblock, GX212R, A small army of vintage Harmony's and similar amps

Post Thanks / Like

Bump for March - these are always available on a build-to-order basis!

- Robert