Thread: Hendrix Major Chord Technique

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hendrix Major Chord Technique

Jimi Hendrix style major chords - this is fun! Jimi was a master at embellishing chords, and in this lesson, we will learn a few of these techniques. Jimi used a lot variation and creativity as well as great technique, when he played this way. Take this concept further if you can - use hammer-ons and pull-offs and slides and what not, to further enhance your chording options.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, Robert, thanks! I love that chord sound/technique so it's nice to see how it's done.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Excellent lesson, Robert. The new camera looks great even at full screen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very nice! I am going to start using that technique right away in the songs I am learning with my new jam group.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this earlier when it popped up of FB. Love the new camera, Robert. The lesson was spot on and I like how you presented it.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Gracias a mis amigos!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Dig the camera, great lesson, with lots of ways to adapt it. But I was wondering if I could get you to write a note to my girlfriend, excusing me from work for the day. She wants to know why I didn't get anything done around the house. (Yes really, I got nothing done, except LOTS of practicing)
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Another awesome lesson! You've really raised the bar with your recent video reviews and lessons. Thank you.
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again. Tio, here's the note.

Please do not let Tio go to work until he cleans his room!

Post Thanks / Like

Simple technique that sounds really cool. Since you are playing the chords as barres, you can use the barre for some hammer-ons and pull offs too in a similar fashion.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Great lesson Robert as usual nicely demonstrated and clearly shown, I love the black background which helps a lot to get a better definition on the guitar neck

I was actually working on Lenny demonstrated by Stevie Snacks and it features some of the Hendrix signature licks
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface