Thread: Epi help.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Epi help.

I have a standard epiphone, and i recently bought a new brigde to kick out the stock on it, and it would help if someone could sent me a link where i could follow along or some one tell me, how to replace a bridge on my epiphone
    “My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”
    -Jimi page

Post Thanks / Like

If the posts measure the same distance on the new one as on the old then you can just lift the old bridge off and set the new one on. If the posts aren't the same distance apart then you will need to take it to a professional.

Can you take some pictures and show us what you are talking about too. We can help you better that way.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What was wrong with the old bridge? Is it tune-o-matic? Should just fit on the posts. If not, buy one that does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Epi uses non-standard spacing on its guitars, so the bridge and stop-piece are NOT necessarily the same as Gibsons or other after-market parts. I did install a Gibson tailpiece on my epi but I had to file the openings on it a little bigger and still sort of force it on...it's not off by a mile but clearly different. Even their covered pickups are slightly bigger.

Easy enough to check; just loosen strings, pull out the old bridge and put in the new one, you'll see if it fits or not instantly.

FWIW, I don't know if it does any good to change the bridge to a different one/brand unless you change the type like for a roller bridge, which is great IMO. Schaller makes aftermarket ones that are so adjustable they fit any guitar really.

You could also just change the actual saddle pieces if you find the old bridge bad (like cuts strings etc.)
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.