Thread: Article: Guitar Hero game over

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Article: Guitar Hero game over

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok Kids it's back to sore fingers!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the George Harrison heirs had invested quite a bit in it and participated in the design of a Beatles version.
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully kids will be more interested in actual instruments than video games. I have no issue with video games in general, but when used to mimic playing an instrument, I see that as time wasted that could be used to learn to play the instrument the kid obviously wishes s/he could play. If I can do it, anybody can do it.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Isn't the Beatles one a Rock Band product?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Hopefully kids will be more interested in actual instruments than video games. I have no issue with video games in general, but when used to mimic playing an instrument, I see that as time wasted that could be used to learn to play the instrument the kid obviously wishes s/he could play. If I can do it, anybody can do it.
    I guess its the instant gratification that attracts the kids. No learning curve or sore fingers.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome news...........I don't like GH games one bit in saying that if the kiddies kept taking it up and forgot about real instruments then in like 15-20 years time REAL musicians will be highly sought after........!

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I guess it just ran its course, huh?

My take on it was a version of the those-darn-kids argument. I don't care what kids do with their time, as long as it's not illegal. Teenagers have never had any shortage of ways in which to waste their time. My impression of Guitar Hero when I played it was that if I played it enough, it would be possible to eventually get really good at it. I just preferred the actual instrument, since I was to the point of reasonable proficiency at it already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner