Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My new Blondie

Thread: My new Blondie

Post Thanks / Like

Default My new Blondie

Hello Fretters,

I purchase a delicious Fender Telecaster Thinline Custon last week. This beauty is from 1978-1980 and has a ash body with a maple neck. The finish is worn because of bad lacquer but it plays and sounds really great. The neck is very smooth for a C shape and the two wide range Fender humbuckers deliver a great tone. The neck pickup is really warm and the bridge pup still retain the classical "Fender Twang"

Here are some pics from the guitar
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent choice. 78 was a brilliant year for this type of guitar, so the value will increase over the next ten years, too.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jimi, yeah it's quite nicely made ! I'm surprised I don't see my pics can you see them ????? I'm a bit lost with the new Forum toolbox
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    Thanks Jimi, yeah it's quite nicely made ! I'm surprised I don't see my pics can you see them ????? I'm a bit lost with the new Forum toolbox
    No I can not see them, but I nkow exactly what guitar you are talking about...maybe tell you later why :-)
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
    No I can not see them, but I nkow exactly what guitar you are talking about...maybe tell you later why :-)
    Sounds interesting Jimi I'm looking forward for more details
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a great guitar! Post a pic in photobucket or somewhere (the link to facebook is not working for me) and a clip if you have time. I would love to hear it clean through your Concert with the Vibrato on.

Your thread title made me think of Deborah Harry though!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Sounds like a great guitar! Post a pic in photobucket or somewhere (the link to facebook is not working for me) and a clip if you have time. I would love to hear it clean through your Concert with the Vibrato on.

Your thread title made me think of Deborah Harry though!
    I'll surely do soon, this weekend I'm busy recording our first Album with Mojo but afterwards I'll post one. The Thinline + the Concert is just a magic combination
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Looks great! From the serial number it's from 1978. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Look at that beautiful grain. Fantastic guitar.
    The 78 Teles are among the best Teles. It's kins of
    weird that people say that the CBS time was Fender's
    worse but the 72 & 78 run of Teles is among the best
    ever. I am currently into checking both models
    and have good offers. This guitar is a keeper Jipes.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks sweet! I have never had a Tele with humbuckers, but I can imagine that one will sound fat.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Gregory Hilden does a nice little video with one on youtube.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Très Jolie Jipes ... J aime la couleur du son de ses Thinlines ...Belle et Bonne Achat ..Bravo !!

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like a really nice guitar. I played a newer model and it sounded great, but I'll bet that one sounds even better.

Congrats on your new acquisition!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot guys, indeed I have a "ball" with the Thinline since I bought it, thanks Brian for the year . The sound is really full and the pickup really deserve their name of "wide range" which they indeed are. Jimi, you're surely on the way to get you a good deal 'cause thoses guitars are really great and easy to play.

I'm just back of three days in a sudio where we recorded our first CD for the 15th birthday of our Blues band Mojo. I used the Thinline for two songs and I'm really impressed by the definition and the warm sound of this humbuckers

I'll keep you posted as soon as I did a video with her (cannot call her it )
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice tele! And it's really great to see a guitar 'worn' the old-fashion way, via use and age! Congrats!!