Thread: My First Backing Track

Post Thanks / Like

Default My First Backing Track

Hey everyone. Here is my first backing track. I used a drum loop but the 'bass' part and rhythm part is my Peavey. I say 'bass' part because I used a custom preset on my Mustang amp for a Fender Bassman with only a little gain and not much treble. It came out sounding somewhat like a bass.

I guess I'd call the style funk?

Comments appreciated.

http://www.box.net/shared/sibgnygcst

Post Thanks / Like

nice....
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Monkus.

I uploaded a new version; cleaned up the guitar part and changed it a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

yes nice work pict, very creative!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'll have to see if I can muster up some sort of solo to play against it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Although the chord progression's 3rd chord is a bit too obvious a choice IMO, this sure sounds cool. Should be good to solo over, and also makes for a good vocal backing in the vein of Jane's Addiction maybe or some obscure Pearl Jam song or something. Good work! Should you change the last chord for something more unexpected/uncommon, it could be more than good.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Good point, deeaa. After listening to it a bit, I agree that section does sound a tad average.

I'll stick it in the back of my mind to percolate and see if anything bubbles up.