Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Gearventory - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gearventory

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I dunno... I think you need more!

I really love the white Strat, all of the Gibby's, and that Bassman.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to announce the newest member to my family.

I just sold my JCM2000 TSL100 and picked up a new Fender MIJ Jaguar Special!

The electronics took me a good few minutes to figure out their practical application, but I have to say, this is a REALLY fun guitar!

I'll try and post some vids and/or soundclips of some of my toys over the next few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rylanmartin View Post
    I would like to announce the newest member to my family.

I just sold my JCM2000 TSL100 and picked up a new Fender MIJ Jaguar Special!

The electronics took me a good few minutes to figure out their practical application, but I have to say, this is a REALLY fun guitar!

I'll try and post some vids and/or soundclips of some of my toys over the next few weeks.
    Sweet! Congrats on the new axe.

What is the deal with all of the switches and stuff? I'm too lazy to look it up right now, and I'm not sure I'd understand anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Rylanmartin: I could not believe it when I saw that Sonax. I have a 720G that I have owned for over 40 years. When I first got it I was told it was made by traynor amps in Toronto for Yorkville Sound which were affilated. I have not seen another one in all those years. There is nothing on mine that says Gretsch. I lived in a 3 story walk up appartment and carying my Super reverb up and own those stairs almost killed me. I ended up selling it and buying the Sonax. It is SS and the two 10s are very light. Any idea what it is worth?

The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    What is the deal with all of the switches and stuff? I'm too lazy to look it up right now, and I'm not sure I'd understand anyway.
    Alrighty...

There are two different modes to this guitar; Rhythm and Lead (not like a pickup selector, but actually tonal modes). The switch in the top horn selects these modes.

When the switch is down, it operates in "Lead" mode. The bottom three switches are simply "on-off" for the neck p/u, bridge p/u, and a bass cut. So in "Lead" mode, it kind of operates like your standard dual humbucker guitar. The two control knobs near the input control volume and tone.

When you flick the top switch to "Rhythm" mode, all the switches and knobs on the bottom half are erased from the equation. In this mode, only the neck p/u is selected and the two horizontal slats are knobs that control tone and volume. This mode is great for Jazzy tones. It's essentially just the neck pickup with a "halfway" tone knob setting.

At first this seemed unnecessarily elaborate, but I found it really useful when playing into a slightly over driven amp. In Lead mode, I'd treat this guitar much like I would a Les Paul; all knobs 100% up and just switching between pickups at will. However, in the Rhythm setting, I'd roll the volume knob down for a cleaner tone, without sacrificing a pickup position (like rolling the volume of the neck pickup of a Les Paul). It's a great guitar for stepping away from the pedal board for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN View Post
    Rylanmartin: I could not believe it when I saw that Sonax. I have a 720G that I have owned for over 40 years. When I first got it I was told it was made by traynor amps in Toronto for Yorkville Sound which were affilated. I have not seen another one in all those years. There is nothing on mine that says Gretsch. I lived in a 3 story walk up appartment and carying my Super reverb up and own those stairs almost killed me. I ended up selling it and buying the Sonax. It is SS and the two 10s are very light. Any idea what it is worth?
    I couldn't tell you much. I paid $100 bucks for mine. I don't think these are worth that much at all. I know that these were made by Yorkville, but there is an affiliation with Gretsch behind these...don't ask me how. All I know is that the knobs on this amp are very similar to those on my Gretsch guitar. I guess we've both got cool looking, worthless noise boxes .

If for some reason someone finds out that these are actually worth something, I take everything back and would love to sell it to the highest bidder .

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I added a couple of pictures to my post. I don't care how much it is worth, it is a pretty bad amp. I was just interested to see one. I haven't heard of them in 40 years.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rylanmartin View Post
    My wife wanted a cool looking amp
    yeah, my wife is constantly nagging me to buy cool looking gear!

.....not
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12