Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Brian Krashpad - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brian Krashpad

Post Thanks / Like

Brian glad your doing good,prayers to ya brother and thanks also for the laugh.I'll bet it would be fun to hitchhike with that mask,just saying! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Brian, I can't believe that here you are in the midst of this cracking US up.... ! God Bless you, man - keep on keeping on!
    Will do! I really am going to write a song called "Pain In the Neck" about all this. It's also going to have a second double entendre-- "lump in my throat," haha.

That's about all I got so far though.

Post Thanks / Like

You crack me up Brian.

Laughter is the best medicine. I ought to name one of my songs, "My Acky Breaky Back."
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

More mojo coming from the hills of Kentucky! Best wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

So, back from the surgeon/ENT. Wants me to "consider" a feeding tube if intake doesn't get better in next couple weeks.

I told him my chemo doc was already of the opinion that I would NOT need one. His response was "Well, I'm a surgeon, and from my perspective a feeding tube is really not that big a deal."

Uh, yeah, that's because: 1) People PAY YOU to put holes in people; and 2) The feeding tube hole is going in ME, not YOU.

No fecking way am I getting a feeding tube. Immediately went back to the office and downed an Ensure. Have decided I'm going to start doing at least 5 Ensures a day (1750 calories) until I can start eating again.

It pisses me off when I've already told the guy months ago that I do not want a feeding tube, and then he's so fecking blase' about me getting one this late in the game. Not gonna happen.

Read my lips: no fecking feeding tube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I gotsta' agree with you, Brian. I had plenty of patients with PEG tubes and I swore you'll never see me with one.
    Same with hemodialysis and the shunt inside the arm (a synthetic tube in the arm that they jam huge needles, 1 for in, 1 for out, to filter your blood a few times per week)... No eff'in way!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd probably feel the same about the feeding tube! NO way!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I'd probably feel the same about the feeding tube! NO way!
    Honestly, I wanted to punch the guy. Luckily for both of us, as it so happened Mrs. K was there (because she won't let me drive doped up, and I'm doped up pretty much 24/7 right now). If he wanted to motivate me to eat, he sure as hell just did it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah........no feeding tube unless you absolutely need one. And plus, with the summer coming, you want to physically LOOK your best...you want to be ripped and shredded.....and this diet you are on seems to be working wonders. lol That and your neck scar and no telling how many pretty young things will want to drape themselves over you. lol Just kiddin' man.

In 2000 I had a huge kidney stone. Wasn't bothering me any but at some point all h-ll would eventually break loose. Went to one doc and he said......surgery to remove the stone and then you'll have a tube sticking out of your back for 7-10 days. WHAT??
    Got myself a second opinion, and he said lets BLAST the thing, see how that works and if not, then MAYBE surgery and a tube. I got the sucker blasted.

IMHO, a tube is just another thing that can cause an infection where it goes into/comes out of you. Keep on keepin' on Krash!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    So, back from the surgeon/ENT. Wants me to "consider" a feeding tube if intake doesn't get better in next couple weeks.

I told him my chemo doc was already of the opinion that I would NOT need one. His response was "Well, I'm a surgeon, and from my perspective a feeding tube is really not that big a deal."

Uh, yeah, that's because: 1) People PAY YOU to put holes in people; and 2) The feeding tube hole is going in ME, not YOU.

No fecking way am I getting a feeding tube.
    That ENT/surgeon is an ***. Get another one. Sounds to me like he was trying to earn next month's greens fees at the country club, or a payment on the Lexus.

Give 'em hell, Brian!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, best wishes from Washington for a quick recovery.

I'm very happy about the positive prognosis for complete recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, best wishes to you man! I have a friend who is 38 that is going through a hard time right now too. They found a baseball size tumor in his colon and he is slowly recovering. I have never heard of so much cancer and I have my own ideas of where it is all coming from . So keep up the recovery mood and get back to normal soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear of your trials, Brian. You seem to have a great attitude that is bound to help get you through this. All the best, and strong Canadian mojo sent your way.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks guys. I'm thinking that last weekend was bottoming out, pain-wise, whereas hopefully this weekend may be turning the corner after a fairly lousy, albeit stable, week. I've been staying doped up pretty much 24/7: 75 mcg/hour fentanyl 3-day pain patch changed out every 48 hours, w/10 mg of oxycontin every 4 hours, and 1 tsp of lidocaine rinse ("magic mouthwash") every 2 hours.

Have had to keep a chart to keep track of where all my dosages are, haha. This afternoon, however, I went 6 and a half hours between lidocaine rinses, so I'm hoping that maybe FINALLY my dang mouth is healing up.

SLOWLY.

OK, time for my Hillbilly Heroin!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Brian I completely missed that whole story. My thoughts are with you and I keep my fingers crossed for your quick and entire recovery
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

STAY POSITIVE, STAY STRONG, GET WELL, AND KICK THAT CA IN A$$!!!!
    I am a parent of child who is a survivor of 3 brain tumors and 1 spinal tumor modern medicine is amazing! My prayers go out you man.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Maxi, prayers back! I can't begin to imagine what having a child with such concerns would be like.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking it would be really cool to put that mask on and play Iron Man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    I was thinking it would be really cool to put that mask on and play Iron Man!
    Brian may have to change the lyrics...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123