Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Krashpad

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Brian Krashpad

Just wanted to say hang in there Brian!
    What you are going through ain't no picnic. Canadian-Swedish mojo is being sent south.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Here, here! And add some Texan bull-headedness too the mix too! You'll be back to normal in no time!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's two big hands full of German mojo for you Brian! Everything will turn out fine and you'll regain Super Krashpadito Power faster than you might think.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sláinte Brian!! - Although traditionally used as 'Cheers' in Gaelic, it's literal translation is 'Good Health'.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

And best wishes and Missouri mojo sent as well, Brian!
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

continued mojo from right here in sunny florida....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Philly Mojo sent your way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Keep on Rockin' K-Man!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

More Texas mojo headed east to ya, brother... Keep up the fight, and you are still in our prayers for continued, rapid recovery, man.

I admire you for continuing to live life and play music through the pain. It's an inspiration.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there BK.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Brian,
    Stay strong when you can. Rest when you can't be strong. Keep fightin' the good fight.

The same goes to Brother Mudcat. You guys are good people who will make it through the difficult times, stronger and better than ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Carnival mojo being sent from Trinidad and Tobago !! Hang in there dude !!!!
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

All the best, Brian.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks kids! I'm doing fine. A little fatigued, but so far as I can tell I bottomed out over the weekend, between Saturday and Monday. Last few days I've been able to eat in sufficient amounts that I've felt much better. Actual treatments, including even just the post-treatment saline hydration IV's, are all done.

Now just have to rest up and heal up, and eventually await whatever type scan they'll give me to give me the all-clear.

I really appreciate your kind thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ! Brian ...Sorry i m late in the news ..Still don t know what disease is affecting you but I m wish you courage and the force to pass through..

Sending you some frenchie Mojo from Quebec Canada ..

Blaze ..
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Hey ! Brian ...Sorry i m late in the news ..Still don t know what disease is affecting you but I m wish you courage and the force to pass through..

Sending you some frenchie Mojo from Quebec Canada ..

Blaze ..
    Merci beaucoups, mon ami!

Here's the short version (don't worry, I had this saved elsewhere):

At the end of summer 2010 my wife Kim noticed a lump on my neck. We went to the docs right away, but since I don't smoke the odds of it being cancerous were very small. I had a needle biopsy that also came back clear. I had a bunch of gigs, with rock bands and church-related, during October, so I scheduled the removal of the "benign cyst" for November.

On Nov. 17 they did the surgery and discovered a small cancerous tumor on my left tonsil, plus a couple spots on some adjoining lymph nodes. So they took out the tonsil (the "hard way," though the neck), the 2 spotty nodes, and another 18 nodes to be safe.

In mid-December, once I was healed up from the surgery, I started radiation 5 days a week (M-F, 35 total zaps) and one chemo infusion every Tuesday, 9 chemo's total. I finished radiation zaps Friday 2/4 and chemo Tuesday 2/8. That should get rid of anything too small to see or find. Now all I have to do is recover from the treatment! I should hopefully be able to "sing" once it's over, as up until a few weeks ago, once the surgery healed, I could. Not currently booking anything though.

Everything is on schedule and prognosis is for full recovery. Will lose a salivary gland function forever, and it will be awhile before the chemo is out of my system, my taste buds heal, and I can taste things again. For a week or two things were pretty dicey and I was having a hard time even drinking Ensure liquid (a "nutrition drink"); solid food other than a milkshake or ice cream is long gone, too painful. That will come back eventually as my mouth and throat heal up. But at least I gots drugs, and plenty of sick days banked up at work. Have lost about 25 pounds, will probably lose a bit more.

Went to the chemo lab daily for one more week after the last actual chemo drug infusion, not for chemo per se but for a saline solution I.V. in order to avoid dehydration and the necessity of admission to the hospital, that ended this Tuesday (yesterday). Have mainly worked through the whole thing, although have been unable to work the last couple weeks unless in conjunction w/a co-worker's schedule to catch rides w/her, due to too many opioids (narcotic pain killers) in my system to safely drive a car.

Have a bosstastic "Hang 'Em High" scar like Clint Eatwood's in the movie of the same name! My mouth, throat and gums are still pretty torn up from the radiation. After a few weeks of healing up, I'll be given some sort of scan to confirm that the cancer is all gone. Right now I'm just staying doped up on pain meds, and trying eat, and to get some work done during "lucid intervals," haha!

Post Thanks / Like

Texas sized mojo sent your way Brian. Glad you're doing well.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes, Brian - I had missed the last installment of this story, and send you good thoughts. If anyone has the positive life mojo going for them, it's got to be you, man! Keep that good attitude rolling, and get well real soon!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes Brian.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast