Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What is your weapon? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What's your weapon of choice

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stratocaster

27 30.34%
  • Telecaster

8 8.99%
  • Les Paul

18 20.22%
  • SG

4 4.49%
  • 335 style

5 5.62%
  • Pointy Shredder Guitar

4 4.49%
  • Steel String Acoustic

7 7.87%
  • Flying V

3 3.37%
  • Explorer

1 1.12%
  • Firebird

0 0%
  • Nocaster

0 0%
  • Other (must name in thread!)

12 13.48%
  • Slide Guitar (any kind set up strictly for slide will do)

0 0%
  • Nylon String Acoustic

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your weapon?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syo View Post
    That would currently be my Hell Zero Dot (Hell, what do you expect?!) . Although 2 weeks ago it would have been the Hell Bender but I'm getting into having a trem model at the moment.

In case I am perceived to be biased by mentioning my own guitars, then I would have to go with my Gretsch Hot Rod.
    Hmmm...have we seen the Zero Dot, Syo? Is that the semi-hollow?

Like Eric, I keep coming back to my LPs. I love all my guitars, and I play them all, but the favorites are the Agile LP and the Epi 60s Tribute LP. There's something magical in that heavy mahogany...
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I chose Les Paul since my Washburn is 90% based on it, only better!

UPDATE:
    I grab my Hell 2 tele style guitar the most, with the Reverend Club King P-90 a close second.
    Last edited by Tig; December 19th, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

My go to is my Telie but close second is my Hagstrom Swede.
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    I love all my guitars, and I play them all, but the favorites are the Agile LP and the Epi 60s Tribute LP. There's something magical in that heavy mahogany...
    What became of your magnet-swapping experiment, FF? Did you switch out the Agile to A2? What were the results?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Lately it's been back to my Suhr Classic:

I look like I'm going to club you with it and eat your brains though;

Post Thanks / Like

Weapon is an appropriate moniker.....since I fight with it all the time. It usually wins...
    LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mark wein View Post
    Lately it's been back to my Suhr Classic:

I look like I'm going to club you with it and eat your brains though;
    Nice STARE!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    What became of your magnet-swapping experiment, FF? Did you switch out the Agile to A2? What were the results?
    At the moment, the Agile has overwound covered pickups, A2 in the neck, A4 in the bridge. The same pickups that are in the magnet swapping "tutorial" I posted here actually. As soon as I get a better soldering iron, I'll put the GFS VEH zebras back in, which have the identical magnet setup now. Swapping magnets rules!
    Last edited by FrankenFretter; February 17th, 2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: OCD
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

At present a '94 ash veneered US Strat with two of its original single coils and a DiMarzio super Distortion for strat at the bridge. No tone control on the middle pickup for extra twang and brighter in between positions. I've had this one for 12 years now and I'm finally happy with it.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I voted strat because I have a strat and a super strat. My Carvin DC127 is my go to guitar.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    At the moment, the Agile has overwound covered pickups, A2 in the neck, A4 in the bridge. The same pickups that are in the magnet swapping "tutorial" I posted here actually. As soon as I get a better soldering iron, I'll put the GFS VEH zebras back in, which have the identical magnet setup now. Swapping magnets rules!
    Gotcha. So it's still sort of in progress? I was wondering if it made the difference you thought/hoped it would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I voted LP, but the Roadhouse strats would be right up there also. I actually prefer the neck on the Strat, but for fat, full humbucker tone I gotta have the Agile to pull it off.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

It's my DeArmond M-75, which is a Les Paul style guitar, but since I don't have a Gibson. . .

Post Thanks / Like

My current weapon of choice is my Hamer Newport. I am trying to put my finger on the key reason why I keep coming back to this guitar and I think it is basically this: Tone-wise this guitar seems to be like the love child from the relationship between a Telecaster, Gretch, and ES-335. It can cover some of the same tones as all of these guitars but not sounding exactly like any of them. Something about this combination of sounds keeps me coming back to this guitar, not to mention that it plays like a dream and is very light, and has a Bigsby which makes it even more fun to play. It's not a perfect guitar (sustain-wise, it's not the same as a solidbody) but for some reason it always inspires me to play. It seems to be well suited to the sounds that I like to get. It can get twangy like a Tele, fat & bluesy like a 335, or rock-a-billy sounding like a Gretch.

Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

After playing diverses japanes copies (Ibanez, Rokkoman, Aria) I got a Gibson 335 and played it for more than ten years loved it, got then a Strat 57 Reissue and love it even more because of diversity of tone and great playability and then I got a Telecaster Esquire and Bang got crazy about the roughness and the amazing "Twang" tone of it. Specially great when playing in a large band with a full horn section

Finally got last month a Thinline 72 Custom Telecaster and love it even more

To resume from humbuckers I went to single coil and back to humbuckers

Am I just dumb
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    After playing diverses japanes copies (Ibanez, Rokkoman, Aria) I got a Gibson 335 and played it for more than ten years loved it, got then a Strat 57 Reissue and love it even more because of diversity of tone and great playability and then I got a Telecaster Esquire and Bang got crazy about the roughness and the amazing "Twang" tone of it. Specially great when playing in a large band with a full horn section

Finally got last month a Thinline 72 Custom Telecaster and love it even more

To resume from humbuckers I went to single coil and back to humbuckers

Am I just dumb
    Take a look at the choice of guitars you made. You are clever through and through! It's normal and also very good that our tastes undergo certain changes, because it keeps our lives as musicians exciting.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jimi, I love to hear that I'm getting clever

To be more serious it's true that my taste have changed and I guess I'm refining my real needs for an axe, It has to be solid and reliable with great tone and a lovely neck. No needs for fancy booster or 18th pickups combination
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I put Les Paul, but it's really a toss-up between Tele and LP.

I have 3 Teles, 2 Fenders and a Frankentele. I have 2 actual Gibson LP's (Classic and Studio DC), but a coulple of other 2-humbucker mahogany guitars which don't look just like LP's but are close sonically (DeArmond Jet Star, Fernandes Ravelle). I also have 2 mahogany flat-top P-90 guitars which are not Gibsons, although one is shaped like a Gibby DC, which have P-90's and are thus in the LP Special ballpark (Hamer Special and Schecter Tempest Special).

Post Thanks / Like

Well if it had to be just one guitar my HSS American Special Strat but it would be hard never to have my LP now that I am HOOKED for life.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast