Thread: Latency problems with Cubase LE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Latency problems with Cubase LE

Hey all,
    I've been trying to record with Cubase LE and I'm having latency problems. There's like a second delay with my input vs what I'm listening to in the backing track that I've downloaded. What am I doing wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Which driver are you using?

I've had good results with the ASIO4all driver to eliminate or reduce latency.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot is going to depend on how good your computer is but, open Cubase then go to Devices then Device Setup > VST Multitrack. There you can see which driver is active. If you have a driver that came with your hardware input device then using that driver will usually allow you the lowest latency. Next click on Control Panel then Advanced Options. Here you should be able to adjust your buffer to get your latency lower. Just remember if you get latency too low you might hear a lot of glitches and crackling in your recordings. That means that your computer can't handle that low of latency. Readjust until you get a balance between the noise and the amount of delay that you can record effectively with.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem (as I think many people do because, when it comes to computers, and quite possibly many other facets of life, if you can call "computers one of them (!), who in the heck has ever heard the term "latency before?). I can't even relate it to an operation under the hood of a car. One thing I've noticed, in case you haven't tried it yet, and considering the fact that your computer may require you to adjust latency between playback and recording, is to disable your internet connection and anti-virus software whenever using Cubase. As I mentioned, my computer is far from a new hotrod and if I want to layer a number of tracks, activate some real-time processing and a few other fun things, then I usually do this. I realize that latency is in a way a separate issue but I thought I'd mention it because it may help you out.

Anyhow, I hope you figured it out and are having a blast with the software. I still use Cubase SL, which I bought 10 years ago. I'm running it on XP, with an 'older' computer which I've "hopped up" a bit. It suffices and I'm very comfortable with getting around in it. The inputs are analog (simple Delta 44), and while its quiet as a windless day and I can't complain.

Cheers.

http://pages.videotron.com/swguitar