Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Gee, thanks for telling us about a guitar THAT WE CAN'T BUY!!!

Thread: Gee, thanks for telling us about a guitar THAT WE CAN'T BUY!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gee, thanks for telling us about a guitar THAT WE CAN'T BUY!!!

Just got the latest newsletter from Epiphone (I guess I must have signed up for it when I entered a contest or something), and was checking this out:

The Tak Matsumoto Goldtop Doublecut. Pretty dang neat, if I do say so myself. I was curious about the suggested retail price, so I went to the Epi website. Hey, I love gold tops, and I don't have a DC LP, so that would be a nice addition, yeah? Not so much.

Epiphone has announced the release of the "Tak Matsumoto DC Standard Goldtop" exclusively for the Japan Market.
    Argh! You can read the article here. I wonder if Syo could ship one of these with one of his Hell guilars...?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That guitar looks really cool. Wish they had 'em round here.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

That's a bummer.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

DCs are so cool! I remember the Tak Matsumoto LP which was a gorgeous instrument.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep, Epiphone has been emailing articles about these cool Tak Matsumoto guitars for the last few months. If they are testing the waters for the US market, then just ask!
    I'd buy one for a reasonable price.

Maybe Gibson will offer a Signature model for $6-$9 grand!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Maybe Gibson will offer a Signature model for $6-$9 grand!
    That would be 6K for the usual serial model pepped up with some Gibson mojo, magic price increase and 9K for Tak's unique signature...or even make it 12k to get it together with a photograph of Tak.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)