Thread: telenoodling

Post Thanks / Like

Default telenoodling

Man, I really missed this thing up start to finish. Here is a clean version, no download required, volume adjusted. I am such a techno idiot.

http://www.box.net/shared/uacjsxt4j6

Not sure where the backing track came from, but this is a tele through vox tone lab into a boss 1200 recorder.
    http://www.box.net/shared/314siaxui9

just noticed the volume is very low on post, don't know why. Apologies
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Nice stuff. You play really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Can you go back to box.net and select "share" for this file so we don't have to download it? That way we can stream it on the forum. I want to listen to it, I just don't want more stuff on my puter.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason it's only giving me the download option. Not sure why but I will work on it tonight. Sorry.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, that sounds really good! Excellent playing, and man, that is pure Tele tone!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helliott View Post
    For some reason it's only giving me the download option. Not sure why but I will work on it tonight. Sorry.
    I think box.net might only allow previews for mp3s. I accidentally put a .ogg up once and it was download-only. Doesn't take too long to download, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Tig, nice Tele tone and great playing also.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the inconvenience. Think I figured out the technical issues at hand. Here is a different version, volume fixed and should be listenable without downloading.

http://www.box.net/shared/uacjsxt4j6
    helliott in Hamilton

Post Thanks / Like

Liked it, a nice groovy solo and a good twang telecaster
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helliott View Post
    Here is a different version, volume fixed and should be listenable without downloading.
    That works and the volume is good. It sounds even better now.
    I take it you played the Baja Tele. I'm still really GASin' for one.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow!

That's a very nice groove going on!

Excellent playing with perfect phrasing.

That one's a treat to listen to. Just very enjoyable to the ears.

It sounds like something I'd have on regular rotation in my iPod.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice fat sounding pickup. Thanks for making the track available.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lead

Who ever is playing that lead really sounds good. Was that you playing that really twangy lead? Sort of a contrified Allman Brothers sound.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for listening. Yep, the lead is me. Baha Tele through
    Vox Tone Lab.
    helliott in Hamilton

Post Thanks / Like

Much better! I'm hearing things I didn't notice the first go round.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awesome. I agree it had an Allman B. flavor to it.

Man I suck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Tig, that Tele is as sweet as it sounds, and I got a really good deal on it too. The extra tone options that come with the wiring upgrade make it very versatile although I still need the Strat for harder rock blues stuff. But the Tele is also a very nice guitar to play, the way it hangs, the action and the neck all add up to a sweet ride. I do recommend it if you can find one for a good price.
    helliott in Hamilton

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds to me like a lot of that cool tone is coming more from the player than the equipment! :-)

You know, "tone is in the hands" and all that stuff.