Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimmie Vaughan Strat video demo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jimmie Vaughan Strat video demo

Made a video demo of my Jimmie Vaughan signature Stratocaster.
    Sorry for the frame, my isight cam filmed in a bigger frame, but somehow the clip was retrimmed or so. I think it's okay anyway, at least it will make people use their ears :-)

I hope you'll enjoy

"A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds really nice, Jimi. What amph did you use?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Sounds really nice, Jimi. What amph did you use?
    Thanks Marnold,
    I have used Line6's gearbox software - the jumped Marshall model.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Great playing! Love the sound on that strat.
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very sweet Strat tones, and the playing is beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Jimi....Great tones!

Guitars: 99 Gibson ES-335,1985 Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue,Schecter C1 Artist,Squire 51,Peavey Generation Triple/single EX,Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, Cortez Acoustic,Epiphone Acoustic.

Effects: Arion SCH-1 Chorus,Boss BD2,Bad Monkey,Boss DD3 Delay,Boss GE-7 EQ ,Arion SOD-1 overdrive,TC Electronic Nova Repeater Delay,Ibanez Tone-Lok DE7 Delay/Echo.

Amps: B52 AT-212 100watt all Tube ,FMJ SS(being restored),1=Epiphone Valve Junior Head and 2 matching Cabs, Hughes& Kettner Edition Blue 15DFX, Crate V18 112,Fender Super Champ XD,Fender 25R Frontman Series II.

Post Thanks / Like

Your strat sounds really rich and full of nice tones Great playing and very Hendrix like I love it !

As I can see I'm not the only one who looks at the camera like a serial Killer while playing his guitar
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    As I can see I'm not the only one who looks at the camera like a serial Killer while playing his guitar
    Dark hair, dark eyes, concentrated playing = EVIL LOOKS ;-) Hahahahahaha...

Post Thanks / Like

Great video, Jimi. I have gearbox too and I think it's just another piece of great kit offered by Line 6. Since you need a Line 6 device connected, did you use a tone port or older Pod?
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    Great video, Jimi. I have gearbox too and I think it's just another piece of great kit offered by Line 6. Since you need a Line 6 device connected, did you use a tone port or older Pod?
    I use a Toneport UX1, for all of my recordings.

Post Thanks / Like

Great tone and playing, as usual, Jimi.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice Jimi! I love those sounds, and really enjoy the note choices over the chords. Some of the passing notes reminded me of where Knopfler goes in a few songs. I hope to search out those notes in my own phrases as I love the mood created.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work, Jimi!

I've always thought the Jimmie Vaughn Strat to be the best deal in the whole Fender line. It sounds even better with the pickup change.

Thanks for sharing that, I enjoyed it.

BTW, where did you learn to speak English so well? You speak English better than many of the people with whom I speak on a daily basis...and English is there first and only language!
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat View Post
    BTW, where did you learn to speak English so well? You speak English better than many of the people with whom I speak on a daily basis...and English is there first and only language!
    He certainly didn't learn English here in the US then! I remember a man from the an Arabian country that worked in my previous job that learned "English" from Louisiana oil rig workers. Every other word he spoke was the F-bomb, and much of the rest was Creole Cajun slang. I think it was the strangest linguistics I've heard in my life!

Jimi, Robert, and Dee really do speak excellent English from what their videos reveal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat View Post

Nice work, Jimi!

I've always thought the Jimmie Vaughn Strat to be the best deal in the whole Fender line. It sounds even better with the pickup change.

Thanks for sharing that, I enjoyed it.

Thanks Blooz. Yeah the Jimmie Vaughan is a great deal, if not the best in the whole Fender range. There's a lot of musicians that think so, too. But exchanging the pick ups is a real MUST in my eyes. I understand that the Tex Mex pus are Jimmies taste, but most poeple have problems getting good sound with them. I still remember the first notes I played on my Jimmie Strat after replacing the pus and I was blown away by the difference it made. But this does not mean that the guitar sounds depends entirely on the pu choice. The Jimmie Vaughan is extremely well built and shaped! The wood on my guitar is highly resonant. By the way, my English is plain and simple English you learn in school here in Germany.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, Jimi! I always enjoy hearing you play.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Nice, Jimi! I always enjoy hearing you play.
    Thank you Robert :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Great tones, Jimi. Thanks for the demo. Well done.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it seems like non-native-English-speaking European countries are more serious about teaching English than we are in the United States. I am forever correcting grammar in what is supposed to be a religious course. I'll teach them how to use adverbs if it kills me, and it just might. I've asked a local bank (spelling error) and middle school (grammar from Hades) to change their signs to make them actual English. The middle school one is particularly unforgivable.

If you ever want to watch my wife flip out, ask her about signs that advertise something costing ".99 cents." I keep telling her that she should pay a penny and ask for change.

Lest I hijack the thread further, I still like the playing, Jimi
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast