Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jimmie Vaughan Strat video demo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
    By the way, my English is plain and simple English you learn in school here in Germany.
    My compliments to your teachers, then. It's rare that someone ever becomes fluent in a language learned in the public school systems here. Case in point: My niece studied Spanish 4-years in public school and 2-years in college. By her own admission it wasn't until she had immersed herself in Spanish because of a job she had where she only dealt with native Spanish speakers that she finally became fluent in the language. She said that she had a lot of difficulty communicating the first few weeks on the job. And, she's very bright in addition to being a very quick learner (Honors student, full scholarship through her Masters).

I know just enough Spanish and French to get myself into trouble!
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimi, I have so far kept the stock Tex-Mex pickups in my JV. I have them lower than usual, esp. the bridge pickup. I have been flirting with the idea of a preloaded pickguard though more and more. I'd like to go with DiMarzio Virtual Vintage pups. I had those in my old Lone Star and they sounded fantastic and had no hum.

I agree with your comments about the JV. Of all the Strats I have had and played, the JV felt the best in my hands. I've recently sold all my other Strats and just kept the JV.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice stuff Jimi......I'd like to be able to play and look at the camera as well but multitasking is not my strong point. Really like the sound your getting too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12