Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Play doctor for me - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Play doctor for me

Post Thanks / Like

Spud that's a good sign if it's not painful,herpes(shingles)can be very painful,usually before and during that blister stage,the chicken pox is a virus of the same nature and I understand our bodies can store it.I had a weird blister on my hand some years back on that is what it was,it came and went for awhile and it has not reoccured for a few years now,but it was painful,so I hope it's alright.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Sumi - I'm now starting to think that it is shingles. It hasn't responded to my scabies treatment. It's not really that painful but if I wrinkle my forehead where the worse part is then it does sting. I also feel run down and have had some other pains that could be associated with the outbreak. This is a real bummer. I have a gig this Friday and Saturday.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Get to the doctor. If it is shingles, they can put you on anti-virals that will minimize the impact. If left untreated, shingles can cause permanent nerve damage which means you have permanent pain in that area. Forever. My wife had shingles on her head, near her eye. She didn't do anything about it now she gets recurring pain there (this despite my nagging to get to the doctor). Fortunately it didn't affect her eye directly since shingles there can result in vision loss.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice Marnold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mojo sent across state, brother! Go take care of your self and get well!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

It's really too bad how it made a lot of your hair fall out, Spuds....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    It's really too bad how it made a lot of your hair fall out, Spuds....
    That was a combination of going super fast on my bicycle and various acrobatic Kama Sutra positions. Give me a break. It was friction man!

Went to the clinic and got a scrip for anti virals. The PA confirmed mine, and your diagnoses, Shingles. My eye is starting to feel itchy so I knew that it was time to get on it. Other than feeling a little tired with a slight head ache I don't have the intensity of the symptoms, and that was throwing me off.

THANKS EVERYONE for all their input on this. I think we nailed it and I should be back to normal (minus the hair) in no time.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I was thinking when I saw the pics. I just found this thread today. My elderly mother got it about 6 years ago. She got it on the left quadrant of her face and scalp. Her face swelled up like she had been in the ring with Mike Tyson. It actually infected the interior of her eye and began to affect her vision. Perhaps because she is frail and her immune system is not what it used to be, but it stayed with her for a long time. In fact she still experiences shooting pains in the area that was affected. I sure hope you fare better than she did Spud

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I had it in 1999, got it just after a marathon. It was no fun! I can relate, Spud.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly one of life's less pleasant experiences for me. I can still feel something going on behind my left eye but it's only been 11 days. I have a little swelling but all the spots are dry and mostly just pink skin. Nobody at the gigs last weekend even noticed, although I had a hat on.

Robert - I was training pretty hard and had some stress so that's probably why it surfaced in me too.

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky View Post
    That's what I was thinking when I saw the pics. I just found this thread today. My elderly mother got it about 6 years ago. She got it on the left quadrant of her face and scalp. Her face swelled up like she had been in the ring with Mike Tyson. It actually infected the interior of her eye and began to affect her vision. Perhaps because she is frail and her immune system is not what it used to be, but it stayed with her for a long time. In fact she still experiences shooting pains in the area that was affected. I sure hope you fare better than she did Spud

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I had it in 1999, got it just after a marathon. It was no fun! I can relate, Spud.
    The day or two after an endurance event puts our immune system at a very low level. Makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad you are healing, dude! Now get rid of the sinus cheese too!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

If that didn't work, I was going to send you to this guy:

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I've already been there. That's where I got my meds.

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    If that didn't work, I was going to send you to this guy:

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your shingles, Spud. I had that about 6 years ago, and didn't get any treatment. It went down my right arm, across my right pec, and on the back of my right shoulder. I now have PHN (Post Herpetic Neuralgia), the permanent pain that Sumi mentioned. I thought, because I had read about it, that it should only last a few months to a year, but it's been nearly 6 years now and hasn't improved. It's a bummer. Glad you got treatment, and may the force be with you for the duration of that most unpleasant condition.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

12 days after it started all I have is some pink spots left now. It triggered a flare up of tinnitus in my left ear that is a little annoying. It's just a bit worse than it usually is. But since my immune system was taken down somewhat I managed to pick up the crud that is currently going around. I don't have it real bad though. Just a wee bit of lung butter and a headache, so that's good. My immune system recovered quickly enough to keep things from getting worse than they are now. I'm really hoping for no lingering nerve damage. I got away scott free when I had West Nile virus so I'm hoping for the best here as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12