Thread: Jimi Hendrix Rhythm Licks Pt. 1-3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jimi Hendrix Rhythm Licks Pt. 1-3

Hi friends,
    I have put up three lessons with some of Jimi's more uncommon rhythm licks. As I have to learn those licks for the Hendrix tribute I am involved in, I thought it would be a good idea to share some of them with you. I hope you can take advantage of the lessons and licks and let me have a feedback how you liked the vids.

Lick1:

Lick2:

Lick3:
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Jimi - great licks, nice lessons - I look forward to working on them, thanks! Nice tone there, too!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome lessons Jimi!!! You emphasize on many key points that a lot of Hendrix lessons miss and you also when over other key areas more than once,very nice.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jimi, Enjoy your lessons mate very good info there, I will have to practise hard. What amp etc did you use in the clips if you dont mind me asking? Nice tone.
    Cheers. F.Bender.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Excellent lessons, Mickey! I finally got to see them (youtube is blocked at work).
    You covered all the needed details thoroughly, so the lessons are effective and useful. Hendrix is still my greatest inspiration, so these licks are exactly what I love.

I'll be working on them this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your positive feedback :-) Makes me happy!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jimi,between Robert and yourself,these little Hendrix lessons opened the door to his style and sound,but I still struggle alittle with the sliding octave fills he does,maybe you can do a little lesson on this.Thanks Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo View Post
    Hey Jimi,between Robert and yourself,these little Hendrix lessons opened the door to his style and sound,but I still struggle alittle with the sliding octave fills he does,maybe you can do a little lesson on this.Thanks Sumi
    Thanks for your kind feedback. Jimi played a big variety of sliding octaves. Do you have an exact song example? What is causing the problem? Speed, accuracy? There's only few ways to play octaves. Let me know, best with an exact example and I will try to make a video lesson over the upcoming weekend. How 'bout that? :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see how do I put this,I know some of these octaves,but well seems they are just used to fill one point to another,I'd like to learn a few licks start to finish using the octaves to get from point a to b,I hope that makes some kinda sense,it's hard for me to splain.Sumi

Line 6 M13